A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Primitivo in 16 days?

Wandalina

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese in September 18
Having completed the Portuguese interior from Porto in 12 days is it possible to do Primitivo in 16? I don't want to do half a Camino so whenever one I choose I want to complete it...It's nothing to do with the Compostela but I'm really pushing my luck asking for three weeks of work. I can do a few days of 30 km but I couldn't walk that every day. Maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew. Thinking of going in September

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Seven Compostelas in Three years and counting......
Hi Wandalina

Yeah 16 days sounds fine, first time I walked the Primitivo it took me 13 days:

Oviedo to San Jaun De Villapanada 27.4Km
San Jaun De Villapanada to Bodenaya 26.4Km
Bodenaya to Campiello 25.1Km
Campiello to Berducedo (Hospitales Route) 30.3Km
Berducedo to A Mesa 4.2Km (A lazy day)
A Mesa to Penafonte 25Km (Slept in church porch – no albergue)
Penafonte to Padron 18.7Km
Padron to Castroverde 29.2Km
Castroverde to Lugo 21.5Km
Lugo to San Romao De Retorta 19.1Km
San Romao De Retorta to Melide 30.1Km
Melide to Pedrouzo 32.8Km
Pedrouzo to Santiago 19.8Km

Some long days there, but one 4.2km day too. You should be comfortable with 16.

Buen Camino
Davey

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
The site below has three different plans for the Primitivo between 11 - 16 days.

Elle Bieling

Elle Bieling, PilgrimageTraveler
Camino(s) past & future
Inglés, '14 '17 Finisterre, '14 '17 '18 Primitivo, '15 '18 Portuguese, '17, '18 San Salvador, '18
Easy to do it in that time. More likely for you, in 13-14 days. Here are my stages if you click on the link, Camino Primitivo. We did it in 13 walking, and adding one rest day in Lugo. It is a wonderful town to take a break and walk around the medieval walls.

HighlandsHiker

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015 & 2016); Portuguese (2017); Le Puy/Norte/Primitivo/Verde (2018). 2019 - San Salvador+
Wandalina - Yes you can. It sounds like you want to do it straight through, but another idea if you want to crop some days would be to take the train or bus out of Oviedo to Grado, walk down through town, and out the other end to Cornellana the first night out (I liked the albergue in Cornellana, but if you don't want to stay in albergues, Cornellana probably isn't an option because I think their only other lodging closed). After A Fonsagrada, there's a bus that runs along the rest of the way to Lugo if you want to do some skipping ahead through less interesting days at the end of the Primitivo. From Lugo you can get a bus or train to pick up the Frances or Verde or Norte or just walk one of them down to Santiago. Lots of options.

YvonneRR

Camino(s) past & future
Having completed the Portuguese interior from Porto in 12 days is it possible to do Primitivo in 16? I don't want to do half a Camino so whenever one I choose I want to complete it...It's nothing to do with the Compostela but I'm really pushing my luck asking for three weeks of work. I can do a few days of 30 km but I couldn't walk that every day. Maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew. Thinking of going in September
A wonderful combination. In 2017 I did it the other way around. The Porto interior route took me 12 days after 15 days of joy ( and a bit of hard work) on the Primitivo. Very doable. I can highly recommend both paths, enjoy.

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 141 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 235 24.8%