Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo in Christmas

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Monday, 17th. in Oviedo. I´ll start the Camino Primitivo. From Oviedo to Santiago, Muxia and Finisterre.
Greetings and Buen Camino.
I´m sorry is en Dicember not in January.
Merry Christmas Mikel! Be sure to tell us how it was actually celebrating Christmas on the Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Please keep us posted on your progress. I will follow you with great interest. I walked it in June this year. Best wishes for a fantastic Camino.

Buen Camino and Feliz Navidad to you Mikel. I hope you will have a wonderful time!

Monday, 17th. in Oviedo. I´ll start the Camino Primitivo. From Oviedo to Santiago, Muxia and Finisterre.
Buen Camino! I hope the weather is kind to you! Looking forward to your updates. The Primativo is very special and my memories of it and the wonderful friends with whom I shared the journey will remain with me always.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Merry Christmas Mikel! Be sure to tell us how it was actually celebrating Christmas on the Camino.
In my four Caminos at Christmas, always the French, I have been from alone to very well accompanied by a good celebration. I never had problems finding accommodation. Just be very careful in preparing each stage to end up in a place with an open Albergue.

MANY ALBERGUES THAT ARE OPEN ALL YEAR INCLUDED WINTER, ARE CLOSED AT NOCHEBUENA Y NOCHEVIEJA!!!!!!!! BE CAREFUL!!!!!

Please keep us posted on your progress. I will follow you with great interest. I walked it in June this year. Best wishes for a fantastic Camino.
Of course, I will try to inform you of the conditions of the Camino and of the open Albergues.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Mikel
Sounds so wonderful!
Have you a plan for where you will stop for Christmas Eve. Although it would be wonderful to walk over this period I don’t think I would like to be alone that evening.
Buen Camino
Annie

Hi Mikel
Sounds so wonderful!
Have you a plan for where you will stop for Christmas Eve. Although it would be wonderful to walk over this period I don’t think I would like to be alone that evening.
Buen Camino
Annie
I hope to spend Nochebuena in Lugo.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Be Careful Mike , its beautiful and sometimes brutal.
Watch the fog/mist in the early morning
Feliz Navidad

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
[QUOTE = "Thornley, post: 689801, miembro: 3306"] ¿Cuántos en el camino Mikel? [/ QUOTE]
Only tow People, a young man from Canadá and me.

Today a nice day to walk. The weather is perfec. Sunny and chilly. I'm at albergue municipal of Salas, it' s open all year.
I'm alone at albergue.
Buen día para caminar. El tiempo es perfecto. Soleado y fresco._20181219_185116.JPG

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Today a nice day to walk. The weather is perfec. Sunny and chilly. I'm at albergue municipal of Salas, it' s open all year.
I'm alone at albergue.
Buen día para caminar. El tiempo es perfecto. Soleado y fresco.View attachment 50034
Mikel, sorry i can’t greet you properly in Euskera, nor can I get my keyboard to adapt to the Spanish keyboard. Wishing you the good fortune to find company and your 12 grapes for noche buena, and a safe and buen camino.

€46,-
Today from Tineo to Borres, a short stage. Mud, Mud and more mud. A very windy day.
I'm alone again. The temperature has dropped a lot. I hope I can do the Hospitales way
_20181221_181926.JPG_20181221_182054.JPG

Otro día perfecto. Buen tiempo, bonitos paisajes y a veces la compañía de una joven peregrina.
En el albergue de Grandas, tres peregrinos: Una joven española, un hombre de Argentina y yo.. Una multitud. jajajajajajaja
_20181223_191709.JPG_20181223_192154.JPG

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Today Christmas Eve, in new albergue of the Xunta, at Fonsagrada in center city.
Five pilgrims, one woman from Romania, three young boys from San Sebastián, Spain and me. The weather is perfec. Sunny and warm.

_20181224_184602.JPG_20181224_184647.JPG

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
_20181227_201525.JPG I left Lugo for the Bridge Román 1st. Century. Today a long and rainy day between Lugo and As Seixias. A good albergue de la Xunta. There are not bar, restaurante. Only a vending machlne.

Today at Santa Irene 3 Km. Before O Pedrouzo.
Albergue Santa Irene four pilgrims, albergue O Pedrouzo crowded.
Tomorrow in Santiago. View attachment 50261

Don't tell them where to stop Mikel , they all have JB's book with stages.
Enjoy the walk into the city , find a hot bath and have a Happy New Year
Well done walking alone on this very beautiful Camino

View attachment 50216 Today at Melide, a short stage for rest, shoping, laundry and the most important this nigth for dinner, PULPO 🐙
Mikel Love your posts I’m planning to do the Primitivo starting March 5th and am wondering if it is a good idea. By the looks of your posts it looks doable if I can handle the mud. I think that’s not a problem as I did the Portuguese route last March and it rained everyday. My concerns would be snow or very cold weather. I would love your opinion or any advise you can give me. Thanks and Buen Camino, Joe

Hi Joe, I would like to answer you in spanish, for me is easier explain my experencies.
Tomorrow I will start.
Gracias por la atención.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Joe, I would like to answer you in spanish, for me is easier explain my experencies.
Tomorrow I will start.
Gracias por la atención.
Mike,
Gracias, I will do my best to try to understand. It will be good for me to learn some.

Hi, Joe.
A primeros de marzo, todavía en pleno invierno, el tiempo (weather) será muy frío, con probabilidad de fuertes nevadas.
Tienes que venir preparado para afrontarlo. Piensa que son etapas de montaña, con muchos desniveles.
Hay etapas de 25 Km. (Hospitales) sin nada en el recorrido, sin pueblos o aldeas habitadas, sin agua ni lugar donde refugiarte.
En general son etapas duras pero sin especiales problemas para hacerlas con buen tiempo.
BUEN TIEMPO. sin problemas, recuerda llevar agua y algo de comida. Encontrarás albergues en pequeñas aldeas donde no podrás comprar nada.
TIEMPO LLUVIOSO. Muchos problemas con el barro. Algunas partes del Camino coinciden con vías pecuarias (cow way) el barro puede ser muy profundo, además mezclado con excrementos de vacas (muchos excrementos)
Muchas partes del Camino son sendas (Trail) muy empinadas, con lluvia fuerte se combierten en torrentes (Creek) será imposible que no te mojes completamente los pies. Además de muy peligroso resbalar en las bajadas.
TIEMPO CON NIEVE
Montaña dura, posibilidad de perderte con niebla o ventisca, El Camino está bien señalizado.
Tramos de fuertes bajadas con muchas piedras sueltas, ocultas con la nieve pueden ser muy peligroso al no ver donde pones los pies.
Mi consejo, si no eres un poco experto en montaña, haz caso a los hospitaleros, ellos te aconsejarán el mejor camino a seguir.
Y siempre actúa con responsabilidad y buena cabeza.
Estoy a tu disposición para cualquier duda que tengas.
Mikel

Hi, Joe.
A primeros de marzo, todavía en pleno invierno, el tiempo (weather) será muy frío, con probabilidad de fuertes nevadas.
Tienes que venir preparado para afrontarlo. Piensa que son etapas de montaña, con muchos desniveles.
Hay etapas de 25 Km. (Hospitales) sin nada en el recorrido, sin pueblos o aldeas habitadas, sin agua ni lugar donde refugiarte.
En general son etapas duras pero sin especiales problemas para hacerlas con buen tiempo.
BUEN TIEMPO. sin problemas, recuerda llevar agua y algo de comida. Encontrarás albergues en pequeñas aldeas donde no podrás comprar nada.
TIEMPO LLUVIOSO. Muchos problemas con el barro. Algunas partes del Camino coinciden con vías pecuarias (cow way) el barro puede ser muy profundo, además mezclado con excrementos de vacas (muchos excrementos)
Muchas partes del Camino son sendas (Trail) muy empinadas, con lluvia fuerte se combierten en torrentes (Creek) será imposible que no te mojes completamente los pies. Además de muy peligroso resbalar en las bajadas.
TIEMPO CON NIEVE
Montaña dura, posibilidad de perderte con niebla o ventisca, El Camino está bien señalizado.
Tramos de fuertes bajadas con muchas piedras sueltas, ocultas con la nieve pueden ser muy peligroso al no ver donde pones los pies.
Mi consejo, si no eres un poco experto en montaña, haz caso a los hospitaleros, ellos te aconsejarán el mejor camino a seguir.
Y siempre actúa con responsabilidad y buena cabeza.
Estoy a tu disposición para cualquier duda que tengas.
Mikel
Mikel,
Thank you very much for your help. I was able to translate your post through Google translate. You were very informative as I expected. I was thinking pretty much the same as what you wrote. I do have some winter hiking experience here in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Maybe I might do something else if weather doesn’t look good. Only because I might be alone the whole time (I do like meeting people) and I have a hard time with the language. Also age is a little factor I’m 72 but don’t want that standing between me and doing a Camino. Sometime I will take Spanish lessons at night school here probably if the fall. So future Caminos will be better. Again thank you and maybe someday we’ll meet on the Way. Buen Camino, Joe

Starting the Primitive in end of April thanks for the information. Great pics.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.