• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo in July/sleeping bag?

Pronetowander

Time of past OR future Camino
July 2019 Primitivo
Sept-Oct 2021 Frances
Hello, Last 2 weeks in July I am walking the Primitivo and from what I have read the weather is changeable on that route. Do any of you seasoned pilgrims think a sleeping bag is necessary, just a light one. Or is it a crazy idea? Cold feet at Night 😪

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I don’t think a sleeping bag is necessary at all, especially in July. I walked the Primitivo in May/June last year without one. The albergues have sufficient blankets if it gets cold.

Thanks Nick. Good to know you can get blankets at albergues. I thought it was just a bed.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Just finished the Primitivo in the last 2 weeks and only carried a silk sleep sack. Sleeping bag isn't necessary.

Hi I'm starting my first Camino early in September will a sleeping bag be necessary then?

@NigelP52 - I was there last August-September and certainly didnot need one. It was actually too warm, but you are going to have to be the judge on this since everyone sleeps differently. I would think a silk sleep sack should be enough, plus they sooo much lighter to carry than a sleeping bag.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I will be walking, Finisterre, Muxia, Inglis first two weeks of September. My sleeping bag weighs 550gr. I really do not want to sleep cold, what are the chances of getting blankets at all of the albergues ??

I cannot recall an albergue where I was NOT offered a blanket or at least a sheet.

Small chance of there not being blankets at some of the municipal ones. Stick to privates and you'll probably be okay.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I cannot recall an albergue where I was NOT offered a blanket or at least a sheet.
They exist - Some municipals on the Sanabres have only mattresses with plastic covers. No blankets. (I can't remember if they had pillows). My guess is that this makes it easier to prevent bedbug infestations.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back