Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo in The Fall

Elizabeth Cheung

Existential Sherpa
Time of past OR future Camino
Let's just say I've been around ;-)
Hi! I am hoping to do the Primitivo in the Fall (September). Has anyone done it during this time? How is it weather wise? I am also wondering about accommodations. I know it won't be as busy as the CF but I don't want to be in a bed race every day. (I would prefer to not stay in municipals but I am willing to do it if no other options). Anyone have any input or tips in that regards? And are there any must do's/must stays that you recommend? Thanks!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Elizabeth,

At that time the weather is supposed to be quite nice. The temperature is probably between 17/18C min to 26/28C max. You may find some rain.

The net of albergues is quite good. Initially you won't need to take any public albergue (even if I would take some of them - as an example the albergue in Borres is the most convenient if you intend to take Hospitales way).

As a must, I would consider the albergue in Bodenaya and to finalize one day journey in Lugo. Also I would consider as a must the way of Hospitales (only from April to November - as it is your case).

Buen Camino & Ultreia

Hi! I am hoping to do the Primitivo in the Fall (September). Has anyone done it during this time? How is it weather wise? I am also wondering about accommodations. I know it won't be as busy as the CF but I don't want to be in a bed race every day. (I would prefer to not stay in municipals but I am willing to do it if no other options). Anyone have any input or tips in that regards? And are there any must do's/must stays that you recommend? Thanks!

Elizabeth, my wife and I will be walking in September. Our tickets are booked, Sept. 13th will be our first day of walking from Oviedo.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm also planning to start from Oviedo to Santiago on 15th or 16th September :)

Thanks everyone for the info! I may run into those you starting in September. I am looking early September (starting in the first or second week) but I haven't firmed it up as I am trying to time it to meet up with friends afterwards. So far my planning consists of cider and coffee (where to find it and how often) and not staying in Borres ;-)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well, for anyone walking in early September, we may meet! I will be hospitalera in Grado for the first two weeks of September. @zrexer, hope to see you in the albergue! Buen camino, Laurie
Well, we will have to stop by then! I don't have a route map handy right now, so not sure how far Grado is from Oviedo. What is the name of of the albergue Laurie?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I am starting El Camino Primitivo from Oviedo in 3 days. I will try to follow the normal stages and will attempt to do the Hospital route, if the weather permits it. During my research...
Hello to All !! My wife and I are looking at doing the Camino Primitivo sometime around the beginning of May 2024. We are both retired, in relatively good shape having recently completed a high...
Hey all, I would like to plan a Camino for my Easter holidays. I like the look of the Primitivo but as a complete first timer, I’m a little lost in all of the different options. The community...
I did the Camino Frances from St. Jean in 2022. I wouldn't call it life changing or anything that dramatic, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was so freeing to unburden myself of responsibilities...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back