Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo, June 2019

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Time of past OR future Camino
Just got my plane ticket to Madrid on June 4th! Looking at options to get to Oviedo now (Rome2Rio doesn't show train schedules for that date for some reason). Anyway, who else here is headed out on the Primitivo in June?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just got my plane ticket to Madrid on June 4th! Looking at options to get to Oviedo now (Rome2Rio doesn't show train schedules for that date for some reason). Anyway, who else here is headed out on the Primitivo in June?
Jill, try looking under Renfe's FEVE schedules. It's a narrow-gauge (slower-speed) train. It runs all the way up from Leon past Oviedo to the Norte also, if I remember. I'm using it this year to go in the opposite direction back from Oviedo to Leon after the San Salvador.

I am doing the Primitivo in early May. I fly to Madrid on Iberia, then make a connection in the same terminal to fly to the Asturias/Oviedo (OVD) airport. There, you take an ALSA bus direct into Oviedo. They run hourly.

If you are within 24-hours of buying your ticket, you might be able to change it. If your flight to Madrid is on Iberia or one of their OneWorld partners (AA, BA, etc) you can add the domestic IB segment at nominal cost.

Your alternatives are a train (www.renfe.es) or an ALSA bus (www.ALSA.es). Both companies have very good apps for your smartphone. Check it out where you get your apps.

Hope this helps.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My wife and I are leaving Irun on 14 May and will link to El Primitivo. I expect that we’ll reach Oviedo some days after you start as we’ll be taking our time.

I’m flying to Santiago on the 5th June then 5 hr bus journey Oviedo. See you there or on the trail. This is my third Camino in three years. I’m addicted and can’t wait.😊

It’s too far out to view train schedules for June. It won’t open until about 60 days prior.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back