Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo starting 26 June

drkmtbc

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2013
Things are starting to get real! I will start my first Camino on June 26. I'll be coming by bus or train from Bilbao, and am still deciding whether to include a few days of the coastal route (maybe from Ribadasella?), or just start from Oviedo on the Primitivo. I fly home to the US from Santiago on 17 July.

I'd love to know of others traveling this way during that time frame, so drop me a line!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sv: Primitivo starting 26 June

Hello, I will walk the Primitivo as well, starting from Oviedo om June 28th. I will have to arrive in Santiago before noon Juli 9th . So maybe we will meet. :grin:. I am very exited and can hardly wait. Best of luck and Buen camino :grin:

Thanks, Ditte--I hope we will meet on the camino. Look for a tall (ish), balding guy of 45, carrying a blue backpack and possibly wearing a kilt. Not sure of your mother tongue, but I'm fluent in US English, German, do pretty well in French, and have the basics of Spanish.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Ok, Yes maybe we will meet. I will look for you. No problem with language. I speak english, a little german, and then danish. No spanish, except hola and Buen Camino :grin:. I have a blue back pack and I am also 45 years. I can hardly wait, but maybe it is okay that there are a few more weeks due to all the rain. See ya, maybe. Otherwise ... Have a wonderfull Camino!

Howdy, y'all, I will be on the Primitivo probably beginning around June 22(?). Maybe the 23rd. Something like that. Tall guy with floppy hat, fresh buzz-cut hair, blue trekking pole, walking with another tall guy who speaks English with a fairly strong British accent. We are starting in St. Jean on the 15th, I believe, crossing over the mountains to Pamplona, then jumping over to Leon for the Camino del Salvador, then the Primitivo (we've already walked from Pamplona to Sahagun). I'm sitting here in Texas right now, excited, nervous, a little scared -- again. My first Camino was in 2011. Hope to see y'all somewhere along the way :D

You know what? I guess we won't be on the Primitivo until much later than June 22nd. Sorry about that ...

Hi all!

I'll walk the Camino Primitivo aswell, arriving in Oviedo airport late on the 27th, and starting walking on the 28th.

Have any of you a good suggestion for at cheap over night place?

I'm planning to spend around 10 days on the Camino, and then meeting up with a friend in Santiago. Then we will walk together to Finisterra. I missed Finisterra last year when I walked the French Way :D

I'll probably meet some of you along the way. Maybe we can have a toast then! 8)

- Christian

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola Chris,
The Hostal Oviedo on Calle Uria is reasonably priced and pilgrim friendly. (Check web for contact details) The entrance intercom and door is in Calle Uria, next to the cafe Cristina which is opposite the train station.
If coming by bus walk up to the train station and at the main entrance, under the station clock, cross the main road to the Cafe Cristina.
If coming by train use the escalator to street level, not the bridge which goes into town. However from the airport I expect you will be using a bus not the train.
Buen Camino

Hello Christian, I guess I will meet you as I will start from.Oviedo on the 28th as well. I will stay in Hostal Oviedo as suggested to you and will arrive at 02.15 at night between 27th and 28th and it is no problem arriving to the hostal so late and they are very friendly. So, Christian, See you. Look for a blond Dane aged 45 :lol:. Can hardly wait. Count down since September..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Tia Valeria said:
Hola Chris,
The Hostal Oviedo on Calle Uria is reasonably priced and pilgrim friendly. (Check web for contact details) The entrance intercom and door is in Calle Uria, next to the cafe Cristina which is opposite the train station.
If coming by bus walk up to the train station and at the main entrance, under the station clock, cross the main road to the Cafe Cristina.
If coming by train use the escalator to street level, not the bridge which goes into town. However from the airport I expect you will be using a bus not the train.
Buen Camino

Hola Tia - Muchas gracias, es muy buena información! Llego en autobus :)

Wow, that sounds awesome, so many people starting at around the same time!

And I WILL BE IN! :-D I'll arrive in Oviedo the 25th in the late evening with a very good friend of mine. We'll start the following day with some city visit and sidra ;-) Then will need to leave Santiago on 13th / 14th July and will see if we might even manage to get down to Finisterra!

What have you guys packed so far? What clothes are you gonna take? I checked the weather forecast for some of the places and it's so diverse. From 3degrees at night to 30degrees and bright sun, so I'm not completely sure if I will be able to cover all eventualities. :-D

We'll travel with tent cause we wanna see to not be dependent on bed races but enjoy our time around. Would be lovely to see some of you around, maybe it fits!

Watch out for two girls in their early/mid twenties :-D

Hello, I have also thought a lot about what clothes to pack. I have a bit warmer clothes than when walking Camino France and I just bought gaiters. Otherwise just poncho and a jacket and a fleece. All the weather sites I have seen, shows rain. But, does not matter, I am ready no matter rain or Sun. I guess you will be starting a day walker than me, but maybe wi will meet. Otherwise, Buen Camino :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
hi, i will be starting the cp on around 6/23 from oviedo. will be taking a bus from burgos, currently on the cf. would love to meet up and walk parts of it. Tom

Buen camino to everyone walking the Primitivo. I walked it last year and think that it is just about the perfect Camino in terms of scenery, off-road walking, numbers of pilgrims (enough for a camino family, not so many you feel swamped), just the general atmosphere is very camino-like if you know what I mean.

And Ocean Tom, you may not have the time for this, but for anyone on the Frances who thinks about switching to the Primitivo, a spectacular way to do it is to stay on the Frances till Leon, and then in Leon take the Camino del Salvador from Leon to Oviedo. That is one of the most beautiful of all caminos.

Laurie

So... Now I've been in Spain on vacation for 2 weeks, and now I have a plan. I will start from Ribadesella on the Norte, on the 26th, then go on to the Primitivo from Villaviciosa. Perhaps I'll meet some of y'all there!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Great! We are starting on Sept 7th, from Oveido, please let us know what you think,saw,learned,felt,etc.......................Buen Camino!

I was on the Primitivo last year at this time and would love to hear from those who are walking. And I know I've said this before, but for anyone changing over from the Norte to the Primitivo at Villaviciosa, a short detour to visit the church at Valdedios is well worth it for anyone interested in ancient churches. This one is a beautiful example of the Asturian pre-romanesque and is gorgeous, as is the countryside. (And I'm trying to perfect my ability to add pictures to posts, so please excuse if I mess this up).
buen camino, Laurie

Attachments

• Valdedios.jpg
    Valdedios.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 320
  • valdediosvalley.jpg
    valdediosvalley.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 322

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back