Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo video

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
He is so right, those children of yours just keep going and going and going, and these were long and difficult days in my book. Just incredible. And what a wonderful gift you are giving them by allowing them these adventures at such a youmg age.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Lovely. Thanks for sharing Rachel. As I failed to continue onto the Primitivo 2 years ago I am really looking forward to getting there at the end of this years Camino. This has only served to further my anticipation. I think this after the Salvador might just be like having two delicious desserts at the end of a meal.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you for this video.
So he did the variant Lugo- Friol- Sobrado (C.Norte).
This a very wild area in Galicia There are wolfs in that land.
Actually the word Friol it is said that comes from the old Germanic
Friol(fe), where Olfe = wolf , like Frexulfe ( a river).
But, wolfs in Galicia are not dangerous for people. They attack cows, horses and sheep. I am Galician and I have never seen one so far.

Thank you for this video.
So he did the variant Lugo- Friol- Sobrado (C.Norte).
This a very wild area in Galicia There are wolfs in that land.
Actually the word Friol it is said that comes from the old Germanic
Friol(fe), where Olfe = wolf , like Frexulfe ( a river).
But, wolfs in Galicia are not dangerous for people. They attack cows, horses and sheep. I am Galician and I have never seen one so far.

I'm sorry, yesterday I was in a hurry and I made some mistakes (as usual).:mad:
But I think is worth it to correct them
Of course, Wolf plural Wolves
But in German Wolf plural Wölfe
So Olfe/Ulfe = Wolves

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you Stephen for your words.
If you choose the Friol variant in your Primitivo don´t be afraid about wolves because. as I said before they are not dangerous for people.
The chances of seeing one of them are very low despite that in that area there is probably a concentration of nearly 2 wolves in an area of 100 km2.

Great Video. What are the green arrows you were following?
The green arrows take you from Lugo to Friol, whereas the official Primitivo (if you can call it that) continues following yellow arrows to reach the Camino Frances a day earlier.
In the interests of full disclosure, we parted ways with the videographer at that point and the rest of our "camino family" all travelled the standard way. But we met again a day before Santiago and walked in together, attended mass and then enjoyed lunch at Casa Manolo's before half of them hopped on trains and busses to go home. I kept walking to Finisterre with the kids - and back again in the pouring rain!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Why should I be afraid of wolves? I am from Wolverhampton, England. We are called Wulfrunians (after the Lady Wulfrun whose monastery founded the city), but our football team are called "The Wolves". Trust me, they are in the second tier and really nothing to be afraid of! :)

Yes Wolverhampton has wolve(s) included in its name but I'm afraid your "wolves" are clearly not of the species Canis Lupus.
Friol has not so clear the word Olfe included but could have had it in the past because there is another Friolfe in Galicia and many others ending in ulfe or similar.
Anyway, Friol has clearly Canis Lupus still today You can Google "Lobos en Friol" and you will see the recent damage caused in cattle and even dogs.
So, I'm sorry to say that for me Friol clearly wins;)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you very much Rachael.
I was a bit scared by reports of how steep and hilly it was. Didn't think I'd be able to manage it.
But the beauty of the countryside means I don't think I'll now be able to ignore this Camino.
Regards
Gerard

Last edited:
Thank you very much Rachael.
I was a bit scared by reports of how steep and hilly it was. Didn't think I'd be able to manage it.
But the beauty of the countrside means I don't think I'll now be able to ignore this Camino.
Regards
Gerard
Can't wait to read your stories!!!!!!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back