• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

"Prison and the Camino" on TVE tonight (Oct. 17th 2019 in Spain)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Looks very interesting. I did not know that Spain also has prisoners walking the Camino. I know France and Belgium has young offenders walking as part of an early release (if they pass). I met a few French prisoners walking one winter, though they had to walk SJpdP to Santiago then the VDLP on to Seville!

Overall I think it is a great idea

Davey

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Fr. Jaume Alemany, chaplain for the ACC (the group that runs the Pilgrim Office voluntario program) is also the chaplain and serves on the board of the group that has a ministry in the Spanish prison system, He often leads pilgrimages of prisoners on parole as part of their rehabilitation scheme. He may be featured or interviewed in this program.

FYI, it just started to play, here in the US. I am using Chrome as my browser. Just sayin...

In fact, in the opening scene, he is the older fellow in the navy blue jacket speaking to the group about the meeting of the Camino.

Enjoy!

FYI, I just watched it. It was fabulous!

Now, if I can just figure out how to download it to save... I can think of constructive uses for showing this video to groups.

Anyone got ideas? I use a Mac and an iPhone. While smarter than the average bear, I am not a techie... I also have a You Tube subscription... I think....

Thanks in advance.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Fr. Jaume Alemany, chaplain for the ACC (the group that runs the Pilgrim Office voluntario program) is also the chaplain and serves on the board of the group that has a ministry in the Spanish prison system, He often leads pilgrimages of prisoners on parole as part of their rehabilitation scheme. He may be featured or interviewed in this program.

FYI, it just started to play, here in the US. I am using Chrome as my browser. Just sayin...

In fact, in the opening scene, he is the older fellow in the navy blue jacket speaking to the group about the meeting of the Camino.

Enjoy!
With that translation of the dialogue in the sidebar ;)

Yes, that helped a lot. Even with my one-hour a day practicing my Spanish on Duolingo, having the sidebar translations scrolling up really helped.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes, that helped a lot. Even with my one-hour a day practicing my Spanish on Duolingo, having the sidebar translations scrolling up really helped.

Babbel is better, but it ain't free.

I found this link in YouTube: It's very good indeed.

It's in Spanish, no English translation, guess it's time to learn Spanish. :cool:

Last edited:
FYI, I just watched it. It was fabulous!

Now, if I can just figure out how to download it to save... I can think of constructive uses for showing this video to groups.

Anyone got ideas? I use a Mac and an iPhone. While smarter than the average bear, I am not a techie... I also have a You Tube subscription... I think....

Thanks in advance.
t2andreo...did you figure out a way to watch it in English? I can't see how to get a version that has the subtitles....

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I just clicked on the play icon in the first link to the video above. The translation opened in a sidebar to the right of the screen.

One thing that might make a difference is that I watched the 42 minute video on my MacBook laptop, not on my iPhone.

Hope this helps.

On my computer, there is a transcription (Spanish text) in the sidebar, but not a translation.

I can read Spanish better than when spoken to me.

So, I was able to understand most of the program.

On my cell there was no sidebar. I’ll rewatch on my computer; to realize one hundred percent ofvideo.

I really enjoyed this.

During the medieval ages didn’t folk walk the way in lieu of prison?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I've also read about groups of Belgian criminals on the Camino.

I know there has been at least one group of "troubled" Danish youths and/or parolees on the Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back