• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

"Prison and the Camino" on TVE tonight (Oct. 17th 2019 in Spain)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Looks very interesting. I did not know that Spain also has prisoners walking the Camino. I know France and Belgium has young offenders walking as part of an early release (if they pass). I met a few French prisoners walking one winter, though they had to walk SJpdP to Santiago then the VDLP on to Seville!

Overall I think it is a great idea

Davey

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Fr. Jaume Alemany, chaplain for the ACC (the group that runs the Pilgrim Office voluntario program) is also the chaplain and serves on the board of the group that has a ministry in the Spanish prison system, He often leads pilgrimages of prisoners on parole as part of their rehabilitation scheme. He may be featured or interviewed in this program.

FYI, it just started to play, here in the US. I am using Chrome as my browser. Just sayin...

In fact, in the opening scene, he is the older fellow in the navy blue jacket speaking to the group about the meeting of the Camino.

Enjoy!

FYI, I just watched it. It was fabulous!

Now, if I can just figure out how to download it to save... I can think of constructive uses for showing this video to groups.

Anyone got ideas? I use a Mac and an iPhone. While smarter than the average bear, I am not a techie... I also have a You Tube subscription... I think....

Thanks in advance.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Fr. Jaume Alemany, chaplain for the ACC (the group that runs the Pilgrim Office voluntario program) is also the chaplain and serves on the board of the group that has a ministry in the Spanish prison system, He often leads pilgrimages of prisoners on parole as part of their rehabilitation scheme. He may be featured or interviewed in this program.

FYI, it just started to play, here in the US. I am using Chrome as my browser. Just sayin...

In fact, in the opening scene, he is the older fellow in the navy blue jacket speaking to the group about the meeting of the Camino.

Enjoy!
With that translation of the dialogue in the sidebar ;)

Yes, that helped a lot. Even with my one-hour a day practicing my Spanish on Duolingo, having the sidebar translations scrolling up really helped.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes, that helped a lot. Even with my one-hour a day practicing my Spanish on Duolingo, having the sidebar translations scrolling up really helped.

Babbel is better, but it ain't free.

I found this link in YouTube: It's very good indeed.

It's in Spanish, no English translation, guess it's time to learn Spanish. :cool:

Last edited:
FYI, I just watched it. It was fabulous!

Now, if I can just figure out how to download it to save... I can think of constructive uses for showing this video to groups.

Anyone got ideas? I use a Mac and an iPhone. While smarter than the average bear, I am not a techie... I also have a You Tube subscription... I think....

Thanks in advance.
t2andreo...did you figure out a way to watch it in English? I can't see how to get a version that has the subtitles....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I just clicked on the play icon in the first link to the video above. The translation opened in a sidebar to the right of the screen.

One thing that might make a difference is that I watched the 42 minute video on my MacBook laptop, not on my iPhone.

Hope this helps.

On my computer, there is a transcription (Spanish text) in the sidebar, but not a translation.

I can read Spanish better than when spoken to me.

So, I was able to understand most of the program.

On my cell there was no sidebar. I’ll rewatch on my computer; to realize one hundred percent ofvideo.

I really enjoyed this.

During the medieval ages didn’t folk walk the way in lieu of prison?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I've also read about groups of Belgian criminals on the Camino.

I know there has been at least one group of "troubled" Danish youths and/or parolees on the Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back