• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Private Accommodation O'Cebreiro and Triacastella??

yogaflowjo

Time of past OR future Camino
Apr & Sep 2013, Apr 2014, 2015, Sep 2022, 2023
I am walking with my 15 son the week before Easter and have decided to stay in private accommodation. We have booked from Astorga to Santiago and having no luck with O'Cebreiro and Triacastella. The San Giraldo de Aurillac has advised they are full (ALREADY!!) and suggested somewhere in Ambasmestas .. that is well short of O'Cebreiro. I do not speak Spanish so cannot telephone but can manage my bookings quite well via email (and good old bing translator). Does anyone have an email contact address for any of the Casa Rurals in O'Cebreiro and/or Triacastella, or nearby towns? Thanks in advance. ps. I have scoured the old listings and have not come up with anything thus far. Jo

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Can't help you on that one just before the climb to O'Cebreiro in Herrerias there is a small place on the river as you leave the village very nice and clean but since you mentioned O'Cebreiro then do try the pulpo in the big pub there. Much much better than say Exequiel in Melide despite the official Brierley recommendation and an experience in itself.

Hi scruffy.. thanks for your help, what is pulpo in the big pub?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Jo,

In Triacastela the Complexo Xacobeo is fine. They have BOTH albergue dorm and private pension rooms; food is good. Stayed there last December. Here is their web. Be aware, however, that it is a LONG slog from O Cebreiro to Triacastela. ...PS. Since you are looking for private accommodation try searching in booking.com and/or tripadvisor .com by name of the town.

Margaret

Last edited:
Pulps is octopus - a real specialty of Galicia and, oh wonderful! I can taste it now. We can't get anything like it and it is one of the things I crave. Some people aren't keen - weird!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am walking with my 15 son the week before Easter and have decided to stay in private accommodation. We have booked from Astorga to Santiago and having no luck with O'Cebreiro and Triacastella. The San Giraldo de Aurillac has advised they are full (ALREADY!!) and suggested somewhere in Ambasmestas .. that is well short of O'Cebreiro. I do not speak Spanish so cannot telephone but can manage my bookings quite well via email (and good old bing translator). Does anyone have an email contact address for any of the Casa Rurals in O'Cebreiro and/or Triacastella, or nearby towns? Thanks in advance. ps. I have scoured the old listings and have not come up with anything thus far. Jo

I found this Spanish Steps guide a great help in my planning. http://www.spanishsteps.eu/camino-frances/accommodation/
Good luck and buen camino!

Thanks girls .. Margaret .. Why is it a hard slog from O'Cebreiro to Triacastella ? It's only 21ks ... Is it because it's downhill? Kanga ..loving the octopus already. Jo

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks girls .. Margaret .. Why is it a hard slog from O'Cebreiro to Triacastella ? It's only 21ks ... Is it because it's downhill? Kanga ..loving the octopus already. Jo

Jo,

It's a hard slog because you are descending across rolling countryside up and down. Hell in mud and when walking on shale.

MM

Sorry was a busy day, the hotel bar retaurant is called Casa Polin and no they are not Polish. They have 4 nice rooms;.
CASA POLÍN
Categoría: Café-Bar, Mesón-Restaurante,
Dirección: Camino de Santiago nş 4
Población: Herrerías de Valcarce, 24526
Provincia: León
Tlfs: 987 543 039
Fax:
polin1979@hotmail.com
Cantidad de habitaciones: 4
Teléfono directo: No
Baño: Si
Calefacción: Si
Conexión Internet: No
Televisión: Si
Adaptación discapacitados: No
Disponibilidad cunas: No
Camas supletorias: Si

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I too am walking with my son Easter week. We reserved Hotel O'Cebreiro (hotelcebreiro@gmail.com) and have also identified the following places in Tricastela:
Pension Garcia 982-548-024, Casa David 982 548 144, Casa Pacios 982 548 455. None would let me book ahead, so will call ahead the day before and hope for the best. As everyone says, the Camino will provide.

I stayed at Casa David last October. They certainly had a reservation book which they checked when I arrived. Nice and clean, breakfast available, dinner is eaten further back up the street.

Because it was my birthday when we reached O'Cebreiro, my wife and I decided my present would be to stay in a hotel rather than the albergue. We stayed at Casa Carolo, which we found to be very pleasant. I don't recall the actual cost of the room, but I think it was in the 40-45 € range for a double room with a matrimonio bed, which is what they call a double bed. We had dinner in their restaurant (3.5 out of 5), but unfortunately it was not open early enough for most pilgrims, so we had breakfast at another nearby hotel whose name I can't recall. We called from Trabadelo the day before to reserve the room.
Regarding the "slog" to Triacastela, I wouldn't characterize it that way, but we did walk in dry weather (mid-September), so we didn't have to deal with mud. It was cool and foggy as we left O'Cebreiro at approximately 8:00am, but the fog cleared shortly after passing the Pilgrim monument at Alto San Roque and it was partly-cloudy to sunny the rest of the way into Triacastela. We arrived in Triacastela at about 2:30pm.
Buen Camino,
Jim

Thank you so much everyone for your wonderful help and ideas. Thanks Margaret, I have managed to secure accommodation in Complexo Xacobeo so now I have to get to work on O'Cebreiro... I will check out all the other places that all of you have so kindly suggested. Jillmom how old is your son? Arent we lucky that our sons want to walk with their mum! Thanks again!! Jo

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
My son is 44. When he told me he wanted to walk with me, I was elated. It's the most wonderful gift a child can give a parent - their time. We start our journey the morning of 12 April.

That is wonderful jillmom ... I could not agree with you more. Buen Camino ...

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.