• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Private Albergue (Searching for Julian)

Playful Dread

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Way (Porto - Santiago - Finisterre) June/July 2015
Portuguese Way (Lisbon - Santiago - Finisterre) May/June 2017
I stayed in a private albergue on the way to Finisterre run by this man called Julian. His hospitality was exceptional and I would like to stay there again this year when I walk the Camino from Lisbon to Finisterre with my wife.

All that I can remember is that it was before we reached Negreira and think quite possibly it could of been in Ames?

I recall walking the route and seeing the sign for the private albergue which was along a long path off to the right of the main route/path we were following. I wouldn't of even guessed it was an albergue as it was a just a normal house and we had to shout over a large wooden gate to gain access!

I appreciate your time.

IMG_9515.JPG

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It is indeed Casa Riamontes in Castelo Ames www.riamontes.com/ and the lovely Julian. An amigo del camino.

Say 'hi' from me and The Beloved.

You are an absolute star Tincatinker! Thank you so much; and yes I'll make sure I mention how I was able to find the albergue again! :D

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.