• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Private Hostel Casa Garcia

BoyRoger

BoyRoger IOW England
Time of past OR future Camino
I need to send a letter to Albergue Casa Garcia and although I've searched the web I can't seem to understand how to write the address, can somebody please help?

Thanks

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Gonzar is such a small place, that I'm sure you won't have any trouble with just the name and the postal code.
Most of the entries don't list an address. Here's one that purports to, but it's not much.

http://caminogirontxi.jimdo.com/albergues/camino-frances/lugo/

I would put

Albergue Privado Casa Garcia
Gonzar, 3
LUGO, Spain 27188 (the phone number is also there for a call in case you are concerned).

Buen camino, Laurie

Gonzar is such a small place, that I'm sure you won't have any trouble with just the name and the postal code.
Most of the entries don't list an address. Here's one that purports to, but it's not much.

I would put

Gonzar, 3
LUGO, Spain 27188 (the phone number is also there for a call in case you are concerned).

Buen camino, Laurie

Thank you very much Laurie, the letter is on its way :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We stayed there in September 2014. It is a delightful facility with a nice interior courtyard and bar, and a very good in-house evening meal. It's only 7.5km past Portomarin, but for those pilgrims who are off the normal guidebook stages, it's worth considering

A nice combination, if you are don't mind a fairly short day, is to stay at the Albergue O' Mercadoiro, before Portomarin and the stay at Casa García the next night. Anne

I would put

Gonzar, 3

Buen camino, Laurie

I would put

Gonzar, 3

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi Laurie,

Its my second Camino Planning.

I wonder if you can help me ..I am trying to find the email address of Casa Gacia (Gonzar) ..do you think they have any ?

You have been of great help to me when I did the Camino Portuguese last may !! Great experience!

Best regards and many thanks,
Ray

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Laurie,

Its my second Camino Planning.

I wonder if you can help me ..I am trying to find the email address of Casa Gacia (Gonzar) ..do you think they have any ?

You have been of great help to me when I did the Camino Portuguese last may !! Great experience!

Best regards and many thanks,
Ray

Hi, Ray, from what I can tell there is no email. Gronze's listing does show a phone, though.
http://www.gronze.com/galicia/lugo/gonzar/albergue-casa-garcia

Buen camino, Laurie

If the Casa Garcia is fully booked you might stop nearby at the Xunta albergue in Gonzar. It is also very nice and you can either cook in the kitchen or eat at the Casa Garcia where the dining room/bar is open to all.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Does anyone know if Casa Garcia in Gonzar has an email address yet?

I'm looking for same Annie,
Have MMDD and nothing mentioned
Any assistance appreciated as we wish for a private room
Cheers,
David

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back