• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Private room and bath required.

Richo

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, 2014; Via Podiensis 2017.
Camino Frances 2014 and via Podiensis 2017 completed, I am now considering a third Camino in September 2023. I had my bladder removed due to cancer in May this year and I now use a (quite large) drainage bag overnight. This would probably freak out a lot of people in a dormitory, AND it needs to be rinsed out every morning, so I DEFINITELY require a private room and bathroom EVERY night.

This is doable on the Frances, but my heart lies with the VDLP. Could people with recent experience of the route please advise if its possible to walk this Camino with totally private accommodation.
Thanks all,
Richard.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello @Richo I haven’t yet walked the VdelP - soon I hope.

Probably some with recent experience will chime in … but from research I did last year when we were planning a 2022 walk (which didn’t happen) I think it will very likely be achievable 😎

In the meantime, you could discover a lot of information on accommodation options - and more - through @geraldkelly ‘s guide that he generously provides here.

There is also the Gronze website.

Buen camino

Last edited:
My guess is that you would have a very good chance of being able to make it work. It will depend on how far you can, or want to walk each day, whether every single lodging happens to be operating when you walk through, whether you are willing to take transport at times, and whether you might need to accept an albergue a few times.

In addition to the sites the @Pelerina mentions, the godesalco.com planner would be a good tool for planning out an itinerary that suits you.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello @Richo I haven’t yet walked the VdelP - soon I hope.

Probably some with recent experience will chime in

In the meantime, you could discover a lot of information on accommodation options - and more - through Gerard Kelly’s guide that he generously provides here.

There is also the Gronze website.

Buen camino
thank you 👍

My guess is that you would have a very good chance of being able to make it work. It will depend on how far you can, or want to walk each day, whether every single lodging happens to be operating when you walk through, whether you are willing to take transport at times, and whether you might need to accept an albergue a few times.

In addition to the sites the @Pelerina mentions, the godesalco.com planner would be a good tool for planning out an itinerary that suits you.
Yes......as far as albergues are concerned, I'm ok with staying in a dorm, but its the effect on others that I'm more concerned about. I'm familiar with Gronze, but not with Godesalco, so I'll check it out. Thank you.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Richo - on my VDLP and Sanabres, starting 19 April this year, I stayed mainly in private rooms.

From Seville I stopped in Santiponce, Guillena, Castelblanco de los Arroyos, Almaden, El Real de la Jara, Monesterio, Fuente de Cantos, Zafra, Villafranca de los Barros, Almendralejo, Torremeija, Merida, Aljucén, Valdesalor (taxi from Aljucén) Caceres, Casar de Caceres, Santiago del Campo (off Camino), Grimaldo, Galisteo, Carcaboso, Aldeanueva (taxi from Carcaboso) Calzada de Bejar, Fuenterroble, San Pedro de Rozados, Salamanca, Calzada de Valdunciel, El Cubo de Tierra del Vino, Zamora, Montamarta, Granja de Morueula, Tabara, Camarzana de Tera, Rionegro del Puente, Asturianos, Puebla de Sanabria, Lubian, A Gudiña, Campobecerros, Laza, Vilar do Barrio, A Pousa, Ourense, Cea.

Disappointingly at A Pousa I tripped on a stone step and hurt my foot badly, so I taxied to Ourense the next day, stayed four days and then did a test walking day over to Cea where the pain stopped my Camino. I’m hoping so much to finish the Sanabrés next year. I mention this as I don’t have information for after Cea.

The towns I stayed in albergues were Castelblanco de los Arroyos, Torremejia, La Calzada de Bejar, Calzada de Valdunciel, Rionegro del Puente, Asturianos and Campobecerros. All the rest were in private rooms. I’m pretty sure that all the towns at which I stayed in albergues have hostals etc where you can get a private room. However, a few may have a shared bathroom but of course you’ll have your privacy with showering etc.

I did a lot of the bookings on Booking.com. Other accommodations I contacted by email and by phone. Apparently WhatsApp is great to use instead of emailing and phoning.

I hope that you love the VDLP and Sanabres - the quiet joy of being out on the mostly empty roads and paths, with few other pilgrims, is something that has stayed with me and fills me with happiness. It’s a very, very beautiful Camino.

Best wishes from Oz -

Jenny

Hi Richo - on my VDLP and Sanabres, starting 19 April this year, I stayed mainly in private rooms.

From Seville I stopped in Santiponce, Guillena, Castelblanco de los Arroyos, Almaden, El Real de la Jara, Monesterio, Fuente de Cantos, Zafra, Villafranca de los Barros, Almendralejo, Torremeija, Merida, Aljucén, Valdesalor (taxi from Aljucén) Caceres, Casar de Caceres, Santiago del Campo (off Camino), Grimaldo, Galisteo, Carcaboso, Aldeanueva (taxi from Carcaboso) Calzada de Bejar, Fuenterroble, San Pedro de Rozados, Salamanca, Calzada de Valdunciel, El Cubo de Tierra del Vino, Zamora, Montamarta, Granja de Morueula, Tabara, Camarzana de Tera, Rionegro del Puente, Asturianos, Puebla de Sanabria, Lubian, A Gudiña, Campobecerros, Laza, Vilar do Barrio, A Pousa, Ourense, Cea.

Disappointingly at A Pousa I tripped on a stone step and hurt my foot badly, so I taxied to Ourense the next day, stayed four days and then did a test walking day over to Cea where the pain stopped my Camino. I’m hoping so much to finish the Sanabrés next year. I mention this as I don’t have information for after Cea.

The towns I stayed in albergues were Castelblanco de los Arroyos, Torremejia, La Calzada de Bejar, Calzada de Valdunciel, Rionegro del Puente, Asturianos and Campobecerros. All the rest were in private rooms. I’m pretty sure that all the towns at which I stayed in albergues have hostals etc where you can get a private room. However, a few may have a shared bathroom but of course you’ll have your privacy with showering etc.

I did a lot of the bookings on Booking.com. Other accommodations I contacted by email and by phone. Apparently WhatsApp is great to use instead of emailing and phoning.

I hope that you love the VDLP and Sanabres - the quiet joy of being out on the mostly empty roads and paths, with few other pilgrims, is something that has stayed with me and fills me with happiness. It’s a very, very beautiful Camino.

Best wishes from Oz -

Jenny
Thanks Jenny, Good to know there are so many private rooms available, that's encouraging.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Camino Frances 2014 and via Podiensis 2017 completed, I am now considering a third Camino in September 2023. I had my bladder removed due to cancer in May this year and I now use a (quite large) drainage bag overnight. This would probably freak out a lot of people in a dormitory, AND it needs to be rinsed out every morning, so I DEFINITELY require a private room and bathroom EVERY night.

This is doable on the Frances, but my heart lies with the VDLP. Could people with recent experience of the route please advise if its possible to walk this Camino with totally private accommodation.
Thanks all,
Richard.
When I rode the VDLP, I stayed exclusively in albergues. Any number of them offered private rooms along with the dorm-type sleeping areas. These days, as my wife prefers private accommodations, we often choose albergues that do have private rooms. We have been very successful in identifying places to stay on both Booking.com and Gronze.com. Because albergues generally only have a few private rooms as compared to a hostel or other type of private accommodations, I’d encourage you to book early. If the place doesn’t have a direct booking link, email them. Most places are very quick to respond to your inquiry and looking to be helpful. Enjoy, because it’s a great Camino.

Yes, definitely doable for most of the way. There may be a problem with the two stretches immediately before and after Zamora, but the use of a reasonable taxi service to pick you up and drop you back at the same point will cover that. Similarly at Cáparra, where off-route accommodation is a necessity for all but campers. Otherwise, you will find that you can get private accommodation or a private room in albergues, which generally accept advance bookings in such circumstances. Buen Camino!

There won't be crowds of delicate and pristine travelers to contend with. the VDLP tends to attract a hardier group. :cool:

I began VDLP on 22 September this year and up until Ourense it was very quiet. I met very few pilgrims (hardy travellers who mostly walked faster than me) and regularly had Albergues all to myself, sometimes for days at a time - especially when I did stops in between stages. I also stayed in private rooms from time to time.
After Ourense it got busier. From memory there was private accommodation in every place but Gronze will have the information. I booked ahead from time to time (weekends in tourist places, fiestas, etc) and it was mostly by email, sometimes by phone and occasionally thru booking. com. I took a bus a couple of times when accomodation was difficult- Huge fiesta in Zafra had surrounding towns booked out and then later an isolated Albergue in the middle of a very long stage was closed.
I stayed in the municipal albergues all through Galicia (and they are situated about every 20 km) where they nearly always had a room for people with disabilities for which I imagine you would qualify. These Albergues are new and beautiful with all facilities, heating and blankets (except for dishes, pots and pans in their lovely kitchens - a source of frustration to pilgrims and hospitalaros alike) ). They also usually have a number of 4-6 bunk dorms so at that time of the year I regularly got a dorm to myself. They all cost €8.
Walking to Muxia in late November was a little different. Municipal albergues were open but most private accommodation was closed except for the larger towns. Dumbria has a fabulous municipal albergue with all mod cons. Worth staying there if you go that far.
I think you will be absolutely fine walking in autumn. A reminder that it can be still be very hot in September - I had some 36 C days out of Sevilla - but I mostly stopped walking before 1.00 pm - the higher temps occur later in the afternoon and I was in no hurry.
Good luck, may all go well and all obstacles easily overcome.
Buen Camino.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ah, Richo, I had a radical cysectomy in March this year (2022), and now carry a urostomy bag. For walking I attach a legbag, but at nights I need a night drainage bag. I've walked several caminos over the last few years, and am now mid-way through my VldP. I've walked Seville to Caceres and Ourense to Santiago, so 2023 is my year for Caceres to Ourense. So, perhaps we can share experiences. I think that the VdlP is not very crowded (I spent 9 days on the VdlP to get fit for my op in Feb/Mar this year when I met only three others pilgrims). Yes, a private room would be nice but I think and hope other pilgrims would be tolerant of you and me with our nightbags - at least we have a decent reason for asking for a lower bunk!

I'm sure you'll be fine if you plan ahead and maybe book a couple of days ahead, depending on how busy it is.
Walking from Seville in September can be pretty hot, possibly temperatures in the high 30s. You'll need to be prepared for that.
Buen Camino!
Gerald

I'm sure you'll be fine if you plan ahead and maybe book a couple of days ahead, depending on how busy it is.
Walking from Seville in September can be pretty hot, possibly temperatures in the high 30s. You'll need to be prepared for that.
Buen Camino!
Gerald
Thanks Gerald. I usually leave in September, but I'm now thinking March/April for that reason. Possibly 2023, more likely 2024.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ah, Richo, I had a radical cysectomy in March this year (2022), and now carry a urostomy bag. For walking I attach a legbag, but at nights I need a night drainage bag. I've walked several caminos over the last few years, and am now mid-way through my VldP. I've walked Seville to Caceres and Ourense to Santiago, so 2023 is my year for Caceres to Ourense. So, perhaps we can share experiences. I think that the VdlP is not very crowded (I spent 9 days on the VdlP to get fit for my op in Feb/Mar this year when I met only three others pilgrims). Yes, a private room would be nice but I think and hope other pilgrims would be tolerant of you and me with our nightbags - at least we have a decent reason for asking for a lower bunk!
Haha re the lower bunk requirement! That's for sure. Seems we're in the same boat regarding the radical cystectomy. you're a couple of months ahead of me. I'm probably overthinking this. I'll likely not give it another thought by the time I get to Alamaden de la Plata. Good luck with your next section!

I began VDLP on 22 September this year and up until Ourense it was very quiet. I met very few pilgrims (hardy travellers who mostly walked faster than me) and regularly had Albergues all to myself, sometimes for days at a time - especially when I did stops in between stages. I also stayed in private rooms from time to time.
After Ourense it got busier. From memory there was private accommodation in every place but Gronze will have the information. I booked ahead from time to time (weekends in tourist places, fiestas, etc) and it was mostly by email, sometimes by phone and occasionally thru booking. com. I took a bus a couple of times when accomodation was difficult- Huge fiesta in Zafra had surrounding towns booked out and then later an isolated Albergue in the middle of a very long stage was closed.
I stayed in the municipal albergues all through Galicia (and they are situated about every 20 km) where they nearly always had a room for people with disabilities for which I imagine you would qualify. These Albergues are new and beautiful with all facilities, heating and blankets (except for dishes, pots and pans in their lovely kitchens - a source of frustration to pilgrims and hospitalaros alike) ). They also usually have a number of 4-6 bunk dorms so at that time of the year I regularly got a dorm to myself. They all cost €8.
Walking to Muxia in late November was a little different. Municipal albergues were open but most private accommodation was closed except for the larger towns. Dumbria has a fabulous municipal albergue with all mod cons. Worth staying there if you go that far.
I think you will be absolutely fine walking in autumn. A reminder that it can be still be very hot in September - I had some 36 C days out of Sevilla - but I mostly stopped walking before 1.00 pm - the higher temps occur later in the afternoon and I was in no hurry.
Good luck, may all go well and all obstacles easily overcome.
Buen Camino.
Thanks Rita. Very encouraging.

Yes, definitely doable for most of the way. There may be a problem with the two stretches immediately before and after Zamora, but the use of a reasonable taxi service to pick you up and drop you back at the same point will cover that. Similarly at Cáparra, where off-route accommodation is a necessity for all but campers. Otherwise, you will find that you can get private accommodation or a private room in albergues, which generally accept advance bookings in such circumstances. Buen Camino!
Thanks Tom. Yes I have used taxis before, in similar circumstances to Zamora.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you want to do the Frances, I can mail you a complete list of lodgings, give me a private conversation

If you want to do the Frances, I can mail you a complete list of lodgings, give me a private conversation
Thanks Pepi, but I have decided on the VDLP now. Best regards, Richard.

Thanks Pepi, but I have decided on the VDLP now. Best regards, Richard.
I wish you a Buen Camino. As one with the same predicaments I can assure you that there is not much of a handicap, but private rooms helped a lot on my 2021 CF. In fact, I came to discover some positive sides (you know what I mean 😉) Nevertheless, I was very thankful to walk freely again last year.
Stay well

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There won't be crowds of delicate and pristine travelers to contend with. the VDLP tends to attract a hardier group. :cool:
I only spent one day and two nights on the VDLP, but I can say that this may not be the case from Salamanca northwards, as the pilgrims I met on that stretch, and it was quite a few as I was walking South, were not mostly of the hardier sort that I am meeting now on the Francès in December.

And many of them had started in Salamanca.

Thanks Gerald. I usually leave in September, but I'm now thinking March/April for that reason. Possibly 2023, more likely 2024.
March/April on the Via is the busy time so you might need to plan ahead a bit more. Also watch out for Easter when accommodation is tight everywhere.

Thanks all,
Richard.
I walked 30 stages from Seville to Astorga in 2019 and stayed in private rooms at every stop. I won’t bother with Seville or Astorga because there are many choices, but here’s where I stayed starting with Guillena (Bar Francis), Castilblanco (Hotel Castillo Blanco), Real de la Jara (Hostal Encina), Monestario (Hostal El Pilar), Fuente de Cantos (El Zaguan), Zafara (Hostal Carmen), Villafranca del Barros (Casa Perin), Torremeiga (Hotel Milenium), Merida (Hostal Senato), Cruce de Herrerrias (Hostal los Olivos), Aldea del Cano (Casa Rural V DLP), Caceres (Hotel Alfonso), Casar de Caceres (Albergue VDLP), Canaveral (Hostal Canaveral), Galisteo (Pension del Parador), Olivia de Plascencia (Via Caparra Superior), Aldenueva (Casa Mi Abuela), Calzada de Benar (Casa Rural Jorge), Fuenterroble (Casa Arrerios Garcia), San Pedro de roz (Turismo Rural VII Carreras), Salamanca (Los Angeles Plaza), Huelmos (Albergue Casa Saso), Villanueva de C (La Posada Buen Camino), Zamora (Hostal Chiqui), Montemarta (Casa el Molino), Granja (Casa Tio Quico), Buenaventa (Parador), Alina del Infantado (El Hotelito), La Baneza (Hostal Caminito). I reserved many, if not most, on Booking.com a day or two in advance. Best wishes on your walk.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I walked 30 stages from Seville to Astorga in 2019 and stayed in private rooms at every stop. I won’t bother with Seville or Astorga because there are many choices, but here’s where I stayed starting with Guillena (Bar Francis), Castilblanco (Hotel Castillo Blanco), Real de la Jara (Hostal Encina), Monestario (Hostal El Pilar), Fuente de Cantos (El Zaguan), Zafara (Hostal Carmen), Villafranca del Barros (Casa Perin), Torremeiga (Hotel Milenium), Merida (Hostal Senato), Cruce de Herrerrias (Hostal los Olivos), Aldea del Cano (Casa Rural V DLP), Caceres (Hotel Alfonso), Casar de Caceres (Albergue VDLP), Canaveral (Hostal Canaveral), Galisteo (Pension del Parador), Olivia de Plascencia (Via Caparra Superior), Aldenueva (Casa Mi Abuela), Calzada de Benar (Casa Rural Jorge), Fuenterroble (Casa Arrerios Garcia), San Pedro de roz (Turismo Rural VII Carreras), Salamanca (Los Angeles Plaza), Huelmos (Albergue Casa Saso), Villanueva de C (La Posada Buen Camino), Zamora (Hostal Chiqui), Montemarta (Casa el Molino), Granja (Casa Tio Quico), Buenaventa (Parador), Alina del Infantado (El Hotelito), La Baneza (Hostal Caminito). I reserved many, if not most, on Booking.com a day or two in advance. Best wishes on your walk.
Good list. One point, El Zaguan is currently only renting apartments. However, there are other options in Fuente de Cantos of which Hotel La Fabrica has been particularly recommended https://www.viadelaplataguide.net/guide/fuente-de-cantos

Thanks Austinpilgrim. I've saved your list.

Richo, in 2019 my husband and I walked the route over 43 nights and had private accommodations for all but 1 night (and actually ended up being zero, b/c the other room reservation did not show up that particular night). I have a very detailed spreadsheet if that would be helpful. I am happy to share if you would like to direct pm me. Barbara

Thanks all,
Richard.
Hello Richo
Yes it is possible to have a private room on the VDLP as I have walked it this year.
From Seville (Hostal Santa Maria la Blanca), I stopped in Guillena (Hostal Bar Frances), Castelblanco de los Arroyos (Hostal Castillo Blanco), Almaden de la Plata (Hotel Rural el Romeral), El Real de la Jara (Hostal Rural La Encima), Monesterio (Hotel Moya), Fuente de Cantos (Hotel Rural La Fabrica), Zafra (Hotel Plaza Grande), Villafranca de los Barros (Casa Périn), Almendralejo (not recommended as you have to return to the Via de la Plata and takes more time ) go directly to Torremeija), Torremeija (Hostal Millenium), Merida (Hostal al Flor-Al Andalus), Aljucén (Casa Rural Mérida), Alcuescar (appartment: Casa Grande de Extremadura), Aldea del Cano (Casa Rural Via de la Plata) Caceres (Hostal Plaza de Italia - but it was not so good), Casar de Caceres (Albergue Rural Via de la Plata), Canaveral (Hostal Canaveral - only 1 private room) but bear in mind that the distance is very long and remote - not recommended to do walk it alone), Riolobos ( Camping Catalinas), Carcaboso (Hostal Ciudad de Capara), Capara (Hostal Asturias - they pick you up at Capara, but be there at 12 or you have to wait a long time to pick you up) - taéxi to Asturias and walk to Banos de Montemayor (Hotel rural el Molino) - Calzada de Bejar (Casa Rural Jorge), Fuenterroble (Casa Rural Arrieros Familia Garcia vry friendly), San Pedro de Rozados (Hotel Rural II Carreras by Vivere Stays - expensive), Salamanca (Hostal Plaza Mayor)That is my first part I walked end april/may. In september I started from Salamanca to Santiago - maybe I can sent you more information by email if you want : choque2001@gmail.com , Calzada de Valdunciel, El Cubo de Tierra del Vino, Zamora, Montamarta, Granja de Morueula, Tabara, Camarzana de Tera, Rionegro del Puente, Asturianos, Puebla de Sanabria, Lubian, A Gudiña, Campobecerros, Laza, Vilar do Barrio, A Pousa, Ourense, Cea.

Hello Richo
Yes it is possible to have a private room on the VDLP as I have walked it this year.
From Seville (Hostal Santa Maria la Blanca), I stopped in Guillena (Hostal Bar Frances), Castelblanco de los Arroyos (Hostal Castillo Blanco), Almaden de la Plata (Hotel Rural el Romeral), El Real de la Jara (Hostal Rural La Encima), Monesterio (Hotel Moya), Fuente de Cantos (Hotel Rural La Fabrica), Zafra (Hotel Plaza Grande), Villafranca de los Barros (Casa Périn), Almendralejo (not recommended as you have to return to the Via de la Plata and takes more time ) go directly to Torremeija), Torremeija (Hostal Millenium), Merida (Hostal al Flor-Al Andalus), Aljucén (Casa Rural Mérida), Alcuescar (appartment: Casa Grande de Extremadura), Aldea del Cano (Casa Rural Via de la Plata) Caceres (Hostal Plaza de Italia - but it was not so good), Casar de Caceres (Albergue Rural Via de la Plata), Canaveral (Hostal Canaveral - only 1 private room) but bear in mind that the distance is very long and remote - not recommended to do walk it alone), Riolobos ( Camping Catalinas), Carcaboso (Hostal Ciudad de Capara), Capara (Hostal Asturias - they pick you up at Capara, but be there at 12 or you have to wait a long time to pick you up) - taéxi to Asturias and walk to Banos de Montemayor (Hotel rural el Molino) - Calzada de Bejar (Casa Rural Jorge), Fuenterroble (Casa Rural Arrieros Familia Garcia vry friendly), San Pedro de Rozados (Hotel Rural II Carreras by Vivere Stays - expensive), Salamanca (Hostal Plaza Mayor)That is my first part I walked end april/may. In september I started from Salamanca to Santiago - maybe I can sent you more information by email if you want : choque2001@gmail.com , Calzada de Valdunciel, El Cubo de Tierra del Vino, Zamora, Montamarta, Granja de Morueula, Tabara, Camarzana de Tera, Rionegro del Puente, Asturianos, Puebla de Sanabria, Lubian, A Gudiña, Campobecerros, Laza, Vilar do Barrio, A Pousa, Ourense, Cea.
Thanks so much. I'll be referring to this list.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Richo
How, please, are you getting on with your planning?
I'm thinking of restarting in Caceres on October.
Peter

Richo
How, please, are you getting on with your planning?
I'm thinking of restarting in Caceres on October.
Peter
Hi Peter, its still on the agenda, but might be delayed as my bladder cancer is still being monitored at this stage, but I’ll be out there as soon as I can. 😊. Best of luck for October.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back