• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Private Rooms along Central route of Camino Portugues

dfox

Time of past OR future Camino
A group of 10 would walk the Central Route of Camino Portugués in May, 2019 and would like to stay together in places where private rooms available, for some of us can’t sleep in youth-hostels-like places for various reasons.

I had looked up Brierley’s Camino Portugués, 2018 for accommodation in Central route as well as the latest list of accommodation published by The Portuguese pilgrims’ Association Via Lusitana available www.vialusitana.org in January this year. It appears to me that they are mainly youth hostel type of accommodation, i.e., bunk beds, shared bathroom. CJ2003's Sleeping on the Camino Portugues' list has accommodation information for some Spanish stages.

I had also searched booking.com and Trivago using “vilarinho”, “barcelos” as destination for desired accommodation. Results showed some hotels are 4 km, for example, from “centre”. Due to lack of knowledge of the area, I am unable to determine if the hotels are along the trail or far off from the Camino.

The stages are tentatively planned are Porto, Vilarinho, Barcelos, Ponte de Lima, Rubiaes, Tui, O’Porrino, Redondela, Pontevedra, Caldas de Reis, Padron and Santiago de Compostela based on the information in www.grnoze.com. (El Camino de Santiago).

Note: We have no issues in Porto and Compostela.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Are you walking 30+ km distances a day ?
I can't imagine you find a place for 10 of you in Vilarinho . Barcelos yes could be .there are some bigger hotels. Between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima ( 32 km !) are no facilities others than albergues which can handle a group of 10 .in Rubiães -a small hamlet -only an albergue and some small hostals. In Spain you could have more luck to find place but keep in mind that in May it allready can be very busy on the caminho Português. I am just back and being my third time on the caminho Português I never have seen so many pilgrims at the time this year.So advice is a strict planning and booking on beforehand is advised

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Here are some suggestions.

Attachments

• 5038F9A8-4B68-4358-809C-B88BD7EBEB82.jpeg
    5038F9A8-4B68-4358-809C-B88BD7EBEB82.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 419F4DF2-2169-47EC-9F8D-0F66A8368846.jpeg
    419F4DF2-2169-47EC-9F8D-0F66A8368846.jpeg
    385.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 40C13943-0769-4654-B97C-6F0BABB8678B.jpeg
    40C13943-0769-4654-B97C-6F0BABB8678B.jpeg
    277.8 KB · Views: 24
  • EA806A99-17C8-4614-AAF1-1A32ABB866E6.jpeg
    EA806A99-17C8-4614-AAF1-1A32ABB866E6.jpeg
    985.8 KB · Views: 23
We just finished the Portoguese Camino central and had an easy time finding double rooms, takes a few more messages to confirm.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We just finished the Portoguese Camino central and had an easy time finding double rooms, takes a few more messages to confirm.

Hi Tiapatrol;

Kindly provide some names of these places, if not too much trouble?

Fellow member, David Manzo, highlighted:
  • Barcelos - Residencial Kuarenta & Um
  • Ribiaes (Paredes de Coura) - Quintas das Leiras
  • Redondela - Alvear Suites
  • Calda de Reis - Balneario Acuna
Many thanks,

DF

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back