• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Private Rooms - Sep & Oct

Solar Paul

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy Route (2013)
Camino Frances (2014)
Arles Route (2015)
My wife & I are planning to walk the Arles route this year from mid September to the end of October.

From our previous pilgrimage, on the more widely travelled Le Puy route, at the same time of year in 2013, we found, Mon Dieu, that les Francaise, tend to start closing their accommodation from the end of September regardless of how beautiful the weather is. So we would like to know if we will find private rooms along the journey if we cross the Pyrenees before the end of October.

Is anyone able to give an insight as to what we might find?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
What you can do always as a backup , download the app AIRBNB on your smartphone and look at it if somewhere a room is available around where you are..
We used it for some years and on the camino we found a reasonable priced room o.a.in Porto Portugal and one in Santiago and stayed in the housesof privat people.
So we found places to sleep in Berlin, Frankfort, Poole UK .recently.
Very conveniant and you can see what you rent by various pictures.
Our next caminho in May we definitively are going to use the app again.
We are not fond of staying in albergues.

Bom caminho

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The Miam Miam Dodo for the Arles route probably gives the best information on openings and closings. You can buy a copy on amazon.fr. I have not found an internet site with closings, and I have not walked it at that time of year.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning Pilgrims! In June I will leave Italy to try to get to Santiago. Around August I will be walking the part of the camino in France, and as I read through the various threads, I had a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back