• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Private rooms

egbert

Roland of Gilead
Time of past OR future Camino
French,Portuguese
Hello,
Does anyone on the Forum know if there's a list of all albergues that have private rooms?
Terence.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Many private albergues also offer private accomodations at a significantly higher price than their regular dorm accommodations. Munìcipal and other governmental albergues generaĺly do not offer private rooms.
MM

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have stayed at many albergues with private rooms. For example Albergue La Parada en Reliegos I paid 20 Euros for a private room with shared bathroom. Dorm style price was 10 Euros. Also, in Najera, Belorado, San Martin del Camino, Sarria, etc...The website Booking.com has a lot of private albergues listed. Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello,
Does anyone on the Forum know if there's a list of all albergues that have private rooms?
Terence.

Gonzar has a private room, but the walls are so thin that you get all the noise from below, and probably amplified! ;0) Beautiful albergue though.

I rented a private room at Gonzar with a girl friend. We each had our own room. It was at the top of the stairs and had a beautiful private bath. It was a beautiful albergue with an outdoor patio/bar. The kitchen was spotless! I had asked for an area to do laundry and the sweetest lady took me out to a shed nearby where a machine was rumbling along with a load of laundry. She took her laundry out and insisted I do mine. The clothes lines were covered with sheets and towels! When I finished I put her things back into the machine and began folding her dry linens. When she came out she cried. The next morning I came down into the dining room and she came over and brought me a plate of eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast. Big smile on her face. She was also the Cook. <3

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Like RobertS26 I, too, have stayed in the Casa Garcia in Gonzar, late November 2010 when midway between Portomarin/Palais de Rei and suddenly grounded by a drastic case of 'tourist tummy'. Luckily the Casa was open while the near-by municipal albergue was closed. At the Casa old farm buildings have been successfully renovated with new additions of natural wood, slate and field-stone. I especially appreciated the black slate toilet/shower with toasty sub-floor heating. Elsewhere, however, there was no ambient heat and the interior most FRIGID. Of course I wore my woolly hat indoors and since I was the only pilgrim there were plenty of blankets for tucking below and above my sleeping bag.

MM

Casa Garcia in Gonzar, late November 2010 Luckily the Casa was open while the near-by municipal albergue was closed. Elsewhere, however, there was no ambient heat and the interior most FRIGID. Of course I wore my woolly hat indoors and since I was the only pilgrim there were plenty of blankets for tucking below and above my sleeping bag.
The municipal albergue is open if you call ahead to the xunta for the key. The Casa Garcia is open in the winter, but you need to call ahead. They have "other things to do" unless they know a pilgrim is coming! That is common in the winter for many places. Also, heat is expensive, so in the winter, it is turned on only when someone asks (complains??). Inside temperatures may be the same as outside temperatures!

I found out quite by "accident" the Albergue de Villafranca de Oca has a semi private room. I arrived there, found a bed in the dormitory, did my washing and proceeded to take a nap.
Apparently my snoring was quite disturbing to a number of people in the room and after my nap the hospitalera asked me if I knew I had a snoring problem. "Not for me," I responded.
She immediately moved me to a room with a private bath and a mattress fit for the Pope.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back