• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.

Private transfer or taxi from SDC airport to Ferrol

Petronie

Year of past OR future Camino
Hi 4 of us are hoping to do the Camino Ingles in September of 2021, if travel is permitted.
Anyone use or know a private transfert company or taxi driver that could pick us up at SDC airport?
thanks!

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Dave

First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
Hi Petronie-

I'm going to do the annoying thing where I don't directly answer your specific question. BUT - I have rented a car at SDC and dropped it off in Ferrol. It was quite easy--the car rental company (Budget) had a drop-off spot right in central Ferrol. The one-way fee was modest.

If you can get an affordable transfer, that's probably simpler! If you have any interest in seeing something in the area that's off-route before heading to Ferrol, though, this could give you a little flexibility.

Dave

Juspassinthrough

in our minds, we're vagabonds, you and I
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Inglés 2019
Leon-Sarria, June (2019)
Camino Aragonés (2023?)
Hi 4 of us are hoping to do the Camino Ingles in September of 2021, if travel is permitted.
Anyone use or know a private transfert company or taxi driver that could pick us up at SDC airport?
thanks!
If you can fly into A Coruña it may be easier and cheaper. That may not be an option though, especially next year, who knows what flights and flight schedules may look like.

David Makepeace

Camino Frances(2008) Leon to Santiago
Camino Portugues (2011) Oporto to Santiago
Camino Ingles (May 2017) Ferrol to Santiago
I have used a company called suntransfers.com when walking in Europe. Can work out as cheap as public transport if there is a group of you!

To Santiago and back (roads & paths; Tours; Francés; sea; roads & paths)
Welcome to the forum, @Petronie. We've used Taxiperegrino.com at various occasions when other means of transport from or to Santiago airport were inconvenient. The service had been recommended by others on the forum.

I vaguely remember that their quote was slightly cheaper than quotes from http://radiotaxicompostela.com which is the taxi association that serves Santiago airport and is listed on the airport's website and I wouldn't hesitate to use their services either.

Needless to say that it is easy to organise and use public transport from and to Santiago airport although this may depend on time of day, travelling time available and desired level of convenience.

Last edited:
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.

Guy Strachan

Alba Guido
Frances ('13/'14), Portugues ('15), Finisterre ('16/'19); Ingles ('17); Sanabres ('18); Invierno '20
thanks!
Hi - I’ve used Taxi Travel SCQ 2-3 times (incl SCQ to Ferrol) and can highly recommend in terms of service, local knowledge & price.

Run by fluent English speaker, Jose Manuel Caneda Mareque whose website address is

Buen Camino!

Petronie

Thank you all for your responses. I have a lot of options now!
🤞🏻We can travel in September

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 58 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 206 15.2%
  • May