• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Problèmes Camino Vasco

mamandeneuf

Time of past OR future Camino
camino francès (2007-2013),Via Francigena(2014-2018),Assise Rome(2019),Camino vasco del Interior(202
J'aurais besoin de conseils:
Nous aimerions démarrer le Camino Vasco cet été mais nous avons lu que la route passe souvent par des routes et des autoroutes et que certaines albergues sont également collées à la route et que nous avons du mal à dormir compte tenu du bruit ... Est-ce toujours vrai?
Merci d'avance pour vos conseils

I would need advice:
We would like to start the Camino Vasco this summer but we have read that the road often passes by roads and highways and that some albergues are also near to the road and that we will have trouble sleeping given the noise ... Is this still true?
Thank you in advance for your advice

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I walked from Irun to Burgos (not Santo Domingo) in October, and would not have summarized it like that. I can remember staying in two hostales that were truck stops on highways, but I didn't find them noisy at all. In one case there was an alternative in the nearby village. In the other case, I could have adjusted my stages to walk longer distance and avoid that stop. But I enjoyed the variety of accommodation!

I can confirm what @C clearly writes. Same experience here.
I remember the truckstop/ hostal at la Brujula just before Burgos but we had a a room at the back.
Another hostal , in Pancorbo, was also on the main road with lots of trucks passing. No issue either.

All in all the Camino Vasco is very tranquil.
The busiest days in the albergues were when we two had the company of two other pilgrims.

( Donc, pas de soucis :) ).

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
What is noisy for one person may not bother another, so I hesitate to say much. But I can say that I totally concur with Sabine and Claire. No problemo!

This camino is more tranquil than the map would suggest. And as Sabine says, if you stay in the hotlels at Pancorbo and Brujala (which are right by the busy road), ask for rooms at the back, facing away from the highway.

There were a few albergues near train tracks, like the one in La Puebla de Arganzon, but I have no memory of being bothered by noise there. If you think you might be bothered, take earplugs.

In the first days, you'll be staying in sizeable towns, and there's no way to avoid that - but I have to say that the albergue in Beasain was one of the most tranquil and quiet ever. Even the one in Salvatierra was pretty quiet in spite of a busy location.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back