• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Problem posting video

IMLiege

Time of past OR future Camino
First Camino August 2023
I am able to post pictures without problems but not videos in a thread. I post a video as .mov and it's comes out only as sound or upside down with audio. I convert it to .mp4 from .mov (rotating the image) and the same thing happens. Those seem to be the only formats for videos. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Rich

Attachments

• Video Jul 11, 7 23 34 AM.mov
    16.8 MB
  • Video Jul 11, 7 23 34 AM.mp4
    3.5 MB
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I was using VLC to convert the .mov to .mp4. It did, but it also made the video upside-down, possibly how the .mov was actually stored but flipped by VLC when it was played. Instead of VLC I used Handbrake to convert it to .mp4 and now it's right-side up. I still don't understand why the original .mov file plays only the audio, either as an attachment or embedded in the post.

Attachments

• Video Jul 11, 7 23 34 AM.mov
    16.8 MB
  • Video Jul 11, 7 23 34 Am-1.mp4
    3.5 MB
I figured out my problem. It doesn't appear that movies taken with HEVC are accepted on the forum, only those with AVCHD. So you have to either turn off the option for HEVC in your (phone's) camera option, or convert the video from HEVC to AVCHD (.mp4). VLC is capable of this.

HVEC-AVCHD.jpg

So I'm just putting this information out there in case someone else encounters a similar issue.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.