• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Problem with applying for French Covid Certificate

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmd

Time of past OR future Camino
After searching online for almost an hour with no luck, hoping someone can help me out. I’m on the website trying to apply for my French Covid Certificate. Where it says “Country of Residence Abroad” that’s just the country I live in correct? The problem is I’m from the United States, and it’s not an option to select. When I try to put it in manually…it says there is an error. Anyone had this problem??

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I have not tried this most recent online application. When I applied for my pass on August 10, you had to download the form, fill it out, and then scan/upload it. The French government has tried to reduce this cumbersome process by creating this online form. Unfortunately the questions are the same and this one is especially vague. Consensus on this forum is that the answer should be your US address. However, since this is your problem, try a French address and in the Message Box for comments, explain and provide your US address. Good luck!

After searching online for almost an hour with no luck, hoping someone can help me out. I’m on the website trying to apply for my French Covid Certificate. Where it says “Country of Residence Abroad” that’s just the country I live in correct? The problem is I’m from the United States, and it’s not an option to select. When I try to put it in manually…it says there is an error. Anyone had this problem??
I just completed it. From the drop down menu select ETAST-UNIS.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I just completed it. From the drop down menu select ETAST-UNIS.
You will have to do the same thing for where you had that the vaccine administered.

How far in advance should we apply for this?
In all honesty, I would do it as soon as possible. I have no idea how long it will take to process. I did not realize that the process had been changed until this morning. I hope that I did not wait too long. I leave next Monday.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I applied 2+ weeks before I left and never got it. Landed in Paris (CDG)and connected AF to Biarritz (BIQ). Showed my US vax card w passport (40 minutes from arrival until I was at my connecting gate FYI—-with a wasted 5 min stepping to the side in security when my phone would not load my boarding pass). I tried this am at the pharmacy in SJPdP to get the pass and she just stared at me so the idea that they are available at pharmacies is not reality.. All I have done is show my vax card or say yes I have a vax card and have been fine in my hotel and restaurants. Hoping this luck continues.

I applied 2+ weeks before I left and never got it. Landed in Paris (CDG)and connected AF to Biarritz (BIQ). Showed my US vax card w passport (40 minutes from arrival until I was at my connecting gate FYI—-with a wasted 5 min stepping to the side in security when my phone would not load my boarding pass). I tried this am at the pharmacy in SJPdP to get the pass and she just stared at me so the idea that they are available at pharmacies is not reality.. All I have done is show my vax card or say yes I have a vax card and have been fine in my hotel and restaurants. Hoping this luck continues.
i too hope this continues. I will fly next Monday to Paris and then on AF to Biarritz. Did you have to go outside of security to get to your connecting gate?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Which link are you using to apply online? I'm not seeing this option on the French Diplomacy website. Where should I be looking? Signed, A Pilgrim Who Resents Technology ;)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
In all honesty, I would do it as soon as possible. I have no idea how long it will take to process. I did not realize that the process had been changed until this morning. I hope that I did not wait too long. I leave next Monday.
I applied last week and got my pass today. So, one week. The instructions clearly state how you are to title your email and what documents to send. Otherwise, they will basically just delete the request.

Completed and submitted...hard to tell what happens next. This is legit, non?
Two weeks ago, a pilgrim stated that he had filled out the form and gotten a response in a couple of hours. The same day that he posted that, I filled out the form. It has been 2 weeks and I have yet to hear back from them. But I am not starting in SJPdP. I am starting in Pamplona, but flying home through Nice as I have friends there.

Will keep you all posted

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Completed and submitted...hard to tell what happens next. This is legit, non?
It is legit. I wondered about this, too. They apparently changed the application process on the 27th of August; they switched from the email application process to an online application process.

From the French government's website https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/c...e-if-you-were-vaccinated-abroad-procedure-for:

How can I apply?
Since 27 August 2021, COVID certificate applications have been carried out online directly.​

My husband and I applied on August 12. My pass sanitaire arrived by email on August 19. My husband’s has not yet arrived. We don’t fly out until September 24 so there is still time.

My friend applied the same time as us, and she flies out today. She still hasn’t received her pass. Like us, she has the proof of vaccination certificate from Canada, and her contacts in Paris have told her that is generally accepted.

I added a short note to my file: Je parcourrai le Camino Frances depuis SJPP, en passant par l'Espagne les 30 et 21 septembre. Je me suis entraîné pour ce voyage pendant deux ans et j'ai souscrit une assurance voyage. Merci pour votre temps et votre aimable considération. Basically I will be walking the Camino, the date I will leave France for Spain. I said that I trained for the trip for two years and purchased travel insurance. Finally, I thanked them for their time and kind consideration. Fingers Crossed.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
You have to select Etats Unis.

If you are using the “translate” option or English version you may struggle, I couldn’t find UK and spent about 30 mins trying al sorts of variations but when I went back to the French version it came up straight away so maybe the same problem 👍

Two weeks ago, a pilgrim stated that he had filled out the form and gotten a response in a couple of hours. The same day that he posted that, I filled out the form. It has been 2 weeks and I have yet to hear back from them. But I am not starting in SJPdP. I am starting in Pamplona, but flying home through Nice as I have friends there.

Will keep you all posted
Like you Matt, we applied for ours about August 11. We haven't heard anything, other than the instant reply that they received the email. We don't travel until Sept 9, so I am hoping they are just clearing up the folks who need to travel sooner.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Mine went through in about 4 days. I am in France now(Dinan) and for the most part only 90% give a darn about it. We never were asked for it at airport till final leg of flight(the didnt scan it, just looked at dates), not in US, not at passport check in CDG, nothing till end.

Bars and restaurants are sometimes asking for it, but it is hit and miss. Friends who came to visit us here just have a CDC card and thats working just fine in all cases.

So if you get it and enter it into the Tous-Covid app, GREAT! If not, dont panic, you should be just fine.

If things here on the ground change I will post here again. I am here till 3 Oct so plenty of time to observe.

Cheers!

M

Mine went through in about 4 days. I am in France now(Dinan) and for the most part only 90% give a darn about it. We never were asked for it at airport till final leg of flight(the didnt scan it, just looked at dates), not in US, not at passport check in CDG, nothing till end.

Bars and restaurants are sometimes asking for it, but it is hit and miss. Friends who came to visit us here just have a CDC card and thats working just fine in all cases.

So if you get it and enter it into the Tous-Covid app, GREAT! If not, dont panic, you should be just fine.

If things here on the ground change I will post here again. I am here till 3 Oct so plenty of time to observe.

Cheers!

M
Thank you! Good info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.