• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Procession to the Cruz of the El Salvador

peregrina2000

Staff member
There is now a cross, made by Ender, at the highest point of the Camino del Salvador.
camino-del-salvador/topic15539.html

On the 10th of August, there will be a romeria (procession) up to that cross. Leaving at 10 am from Poladura de la Tercia. Back in Poladura by 2 pm for dancing, wine, and queimada.

If you're on facebook, you can see the announcement (and lots of beautiful pictures from the Camino del Salvador) here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... e=1&ref=nf

Reb, if your body has recovered from your Picos jaunt, this sounds like it would be a whole lot more fun!

Buen camino, Laurie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes, I was surprised because it was not mentioned in the guide.
Are you sure it's on the heighest point? Is the Cuchillo (when you see for the first time the N630) not a little bit higher? I have to check my log from my navigator.
Till soon.

Hi, Gunnar,
The cross is one of the many things that the 2009 guide doesn't have. It was just about that time that Ender and his little band of Camino Angels got into high gear and wrote the guide, put in all the markings, built the bridge into Poladura, and built the cross. I don't quite know what they will do for their next act.

I'm almost done with my 2012 revisions and will soon be asking all you 2013 veterans to help me out with updates!

And as far as the highest point question goes, I will defer to your navigator!

Buen camino, Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It's true. It's on the heighest point. Following the log: the cross is situated at 1572m height. El Cuchillo (where you have to take left and down in the trails of the cows) is at 1568m.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back