• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Promoting the Caminho Portuguese

Magwood

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
See signature line for links to daily posts to blogs from many caminos
Further to Laurie's recent post about the increasing numbers of pilgrims walking from Lisbon, I would like to share a video I recently posted on youtube. I prepared it for a presentation to my garden club so it is unashamedly flower-centric, but I could easily (and might well do) produce another on bridges, beautiful buildings, ugly buildings, churches, forrest paths.......

But anyway, this is just to show how very beautiful a spring walk from Lisbon can be, even in the industrial areas there are wild flowers everywhere. The first few shots on day one are taken at the national tile museum on the outskirts of Lisbon, which is really worth a visit.

Feel free to skip the first 3 minutes where I have recorded the introduction that I made to the club members. It was well received by an audience of 35 and there followed a lively question and answer session.

Oh, and by the way, if you are interested in bridges, take a look at my blog post here

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have spent days trying to forward your video with little success until a day ago. In a word it is brilliant. Kudos!

I have spent days trying to forward your video with little success until a day ago. In a word it is brilliant. Kudos!
Thank you so much @biarritzdon. It's my first slideshow of any length and I have to say, I was quite pleased with it!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Magwood, we just saw your video and the first tought we shared was that we had already seen those flowers somewhere else. It was from your blog. We stumbled upon it on our research about the Caminho Portugues a few months ago. Only now did we match magwwod from the "trepidatious traveller" to magwood from the forum. Congratulations on your work!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Only now did we match magwwod from the "trepidatious traveller" to magwood from the forum.
If you click on her name and go to her profile, you can find out such information (if it has been revealed to the Forum).

Hi Laurie, I don't know the reason why you can't open the movie. But if you go onto youtube and search my user name - magwoodmini (http://m.youtube.com/results?q=magwoodmini&sm=3) - you should be able to open it from there (I hope)
Very curious, my computer takes me to your youtubes, but says that some have been removed because Safety Mode is enabled. I have no idea what that means! Looking forward to seeing it, Maggie, bom caminho from Laurie

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Very curious, my computer takes me to your youtubes, but says that some have been removed because Safety Mode is enabled. I have no idea what that means! Looking forward to seeing it, Maggie, bom caminho from Laurie

Just checked on line and it seems safety mode is activated by the viewer, ie you. Sorry there is a problem, but I'm pretty sure it is at your end, not mine.
Are you still waiting for your flight?

Hi Maggie -
I've just checked out your video. What a completely beautiful job you've done both with everything, including your musical choices - congratulations. It was so lovely to hear your voice too!
Thank you so much for sharing your video with us all.
Cheers - Jenny

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Lovely video, Magwood. I have often been criticised for taking too many pictures of a] food and b] wild flowers: both can be beautiful!
Buen camino!

............... I would like to share a video I recently posted on youtube. I prepared it for a presentation to my garden club so it is unashamedly flower-centric, but I could easily (and might well do) produce another on bridges, beautiful buildings, ugly buildings, churches, forrest paths........

Sadly YouTube is blocked here in Pakistan. Would love to have checked it out. S :-(((

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sadly YouTube is blocked here in Pakistan. Would love to have checked it out. S :-(((

Just take a look at my blog (link below) - all the photos are shown over the posts from my camino.

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back