• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pt. 4 Camino Frances: Estella

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Lovely pictures but I am puzzled: isn't this San Pedro de la Rua and Santo Sepulchro mixed together? It's a bit disconcerting to watch ...

@Kathar1na I have neither been to Italy nor to Jerusalem! I took all my photos day by day, and am sorry if I confused you?! Please tell me which photos you think don't belong? I only use photos that I personally take,

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Deb
Always lovely to be transported back
Did I miss parts 1 to 3 somewhere
Great job
Thank you
Annie
You can search for my album on this site, CaminoDebrits/--- or you can look on YouTube under my name, Deb Harman

I don't doubt it :). I can see that you took photos of the Iglesia del Santo Sepulcro (1) when you walked into Estella and of the Iglesia de San Pedro de la Rua (2) when you had reached the centre of Estella. Your sequence of photos shows 2,1,2,1,2,2,2,2,2 but presents the two churches as one church, which struck me as very odd. (1) is permanently closed and I don't know whether there is a statue of St James inside but there are two on the outside, one in the row of apostles on the top and one on the left side of the portal, with St Martin on the right. The statue in the video is in (2), obviously.

Here are the thumbnails of the portals of the two churches (1) and (2) - click on the first one to see the fine details including the hellish monster devouring people.
View attachment 23167 View attachment 23168

I am glad that you noticed the Church of Santo Sepulcro. So many people walked straight past it when we were there. It was a bit painful to see that. We spent about an hour looking at the church, there are so many details. I know ... we all walk our own caminos. ;)

I love the photo you took of the colours of the light on the pulpit in (2)! Thank you for sharing.
I really appreciate you clarifying, and I will certainly clean things up when I am back in civilization.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back