• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Public Transport from Canaveral to Granja De Moreuela

Staffman

Mature Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances
Apr-May 2019
My sister and I, (70yo and 67yo at the time), began the VdlP in October 2020 however after arriving at Casar de Caceres and being informed of the closure of the Albergue at Embalse de Alcantara and no accommodation in Casar that night, we returned to Caceres and caught a train to Canaveral the next morning and continued our camino from there. The same thing happened later in our camino but that's another story (and another thread for more assistance!) We are returning in May this year to walk all those parts missed in order to fully complete our Camino. We are going to bite the bullet and walk the 34 kms from Casar to Canaveral. Our difficulty is getting from Canaveral to Granja de Moreuela on public transport probably via Salamanca and Zamora.
I believe there is an 'ALSA' bus from Caceres to Salamanca that passes (stops?) through Canaveral , and also the train from Caceres to Salamanca stops at Canaveral.
Has anyone out there caught any of this transport in the past? If they exist can you buy a ticket directly on the train or the bus, or do you have to buy at the main stations? We're not great with buying online with phones so would prefer not to do this. I'm sure that a direct transport between my start and finish points will not exist and we are content in having 2 or 3 different stages to get this done.
I emailed ALSA with my dilemma but got absolutely no help at all other than that they didn't do that route! Any infomation would be gratefully received.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Using rome2rio.com: I have found bus from Canaveral to Salamancha, another bus to Zamoras, and then no further bus connection.
- you would have to take a taxi, or wait until later in the year to see if it is seasonally dependent..

Canaveral to Granja de Moreuela on public transport probably via Salamanca and Zamora.
In 2018 I took the bus from Canaveral to Salamanca. I waited at the bus stop that was pointed out to me, and got on the bus, paying the driver. It was very straightforward.

For buses from Zamora to Granja, Rome2Rio indicates that there is a daily bus, but doesn't give the times, and the Alsa site doesn't seem to recognize it. Needs some further research!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
There is an Alsa Bus to Salamanca leaves at noon and change in Salamanca at 3 p.m. 3:15 bus to Zamora arrives at 4:10 pm. No bus to Granja de Moreuela, but one that goes to Benavente around 4:40 p.m. non-stop at 4:40 p.m. At this time that is about as close as you can get unless you take a cab from Zamora or maybe back from Benavente? Maybe bus service later this year as you get closer to your trip?

There is an Alsa Bus to Salamanca leaves at noon and change in Salamanca at 3 p.m. 3:15 bus to Zamora arrives at 4:10 pm. No bus to Granja de Moreuela, but one that goes to Benavente around 4:40 p.m. non-stop at 4:40 p.m. At this time that is about as close as you can get unless you take a cab from Zamora or maybe back from Benavente? Maybe bus service later this year as you get closer to your trip?
I don't know if this is helpful, but I remember returning after the Sanabres to Granja to walk the northern VDLP to Astorga. The bus from Zamora left me about 10km north of Granja, it was early in the day, I remembar because I walked back to Granja in an hour, in time for lunch. I don't remember which bus company, or the name of the pueblo it stopped at, perhaps that route isn't operating now? That was in 2018

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Any infomation would be gratefully received.

I asked the question directly at Zamora.
Here's the answer and the solution to your problem:

Desde Zamora a granja de Moreruela hay varios autobuse

Uno sale a las 14h00 de lunes a sábado

El otro por la tarde a las 18h00 ( a confirmar el horario ) de lunes a viernes

La empresa de autobuses que lleva el servicio Zamora - Granja de Moreruela se llama Santiago Castaño

Los autobuses salen de la estación de autobuses de Zamora

Have a safe trip.

In 2019 my son and I travelled from Madrid to Zemora by train. We pre-booked bus tickets from there to Granja. The bus arrived in Zemora about 40 minutes late but took us to our destination in G d M.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you all for your most welcome advice and information. I may have another Q regarding movement later in the journey once I have fully planned our journey.

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back