• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Public transport in France: qoquille to thievers

JanusDT

Time of past OR future Camino
Vezelay
Bonjour!

At 5:30 AM i started walking today: the plan is to go from a little before chalus to chiviers (36km). At the moment i halfway, arrived in Qoquille. To thiviers is 18 more km. Since it is extremely hot and i am a bit tired already, I am not sure whether to continue walking or take a bus/train.

Does anyone know how public transport in France works and how to get to thiviers from coquille? And is there a central number for taxis?

Thanks!
Janus

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think i will continue walking. Hopefully i will not regret it!
Please, be careful! I hope that you have plenty of water to drink. I know nothing about the area where you are walking. Are there villages with people around where you can get help if you run into trouble with the heat?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Please, be careful! I hope that you have plenty of water to drink. I know nothing about the area where you are walking. Are there villages with people around where you can get help if you run into trouble with the heat?
The area is super deserted. Just fields of grass and ocassionally some shaddow. I have a lot of water, bit over 2 liters! Only 15 more km's to go. Tomorrow i'll take it easy 😋

Bars/cafeterias and little restaurants are kind of social centers in France. You can always ask the bartender for a taxi, even in remote and isolated places. They are usually helpful.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
One thing that i noticed is super agressive dogs along the way that are walking free. Yesterday i got almost attacked. Today another dog blocked my way very agressively. I have to walk back and find an alternative route.. this sucks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
One thing that i noticed is super agressive dogs along the way that are walking free. Yesterday i got almost attacked. Today another dog blocked my way very agressively. I have to walk back and find an alternative route.. this sucks
It is a route not often walked by those doing the Chemin de Saint Jacques. So the dogs would not be used to walkers, and their owners may not realise the problem. So sorry this has happened to you.

If you are open to a change of route, I suggest the walk from Le Puy which is beautiful, has good infrastructure, and a steady flow of walkers/pilgrims.

It is a route not often walked by those doing the Chemin de Saint Jacques. So the dogs would not be used to walkers, and their owners may not realise the problem. So sorry this has happened to you.

If you are open to a change of route, I suggest the walk from Le Puy which is beautiful, has good infrastructure, and a steady flow of walkers/pilgrims.
Sounds good, thank you for the tip! For now I will continue the chemin Vezelay but if the problem stays along the route I will be changing the chemin.

Also, i do not know if the dogs are really likely to attack me physically but i am scared of dogs and i do not want to test it.. Perhaps it is just all barking.. They are big though..

Last edited:
Il n'est pas mechant...

There are more dogs on the Vezelay route because there are fewer walkers, thus fewer complaints. Your fear of dogs may heighten your awareness of them. In reality they may be less dangerous than you perceive. Still, be wary. Rocks and trekking poles may deter them.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Il n'est pas mechant...

There are more dogs on the Vezelay route because there are fewer walkers, thus fewer complaints. Your fear of dogs may heighten your awareness of them. In reality they may be less dangerous than you perceive. Still, be wary. Rocks and trekking poles may deter them.
It might be a case of.... Peut etre Il n'est pas mechant...you never can tell.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.