A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Public transport on Portuguese route

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria - Santiago 2004
Roncesvalles - Estella 2009
Camino Ingles - 2012
Tui - Santiago - 2014
Hi. I am planning on walking the Tui to Santiago stretch later this year with a very close friend who is a good deal older than me. She can manage approx 15km without too much difficulty. She would like to know how possible it is to catch a bus/taxi when she can't manage any more. She would go on ahead and leave me to walk thus meeting up with her in the evenings.
Thank you. Judy

W

whariwharangi

Certainly there is bus service between the towns. Whether that will be of service to you is another matter.

You'd have to find the local bus network for each center and determine where they stop.

Camino(s) past & future
Too many caminos to list in the permitted 100 characters!!
Hi Judy!
There are plenty of buses and trains along the Portuguese route, so I wouldn't worry.
I walked some of the way and had a wonderful time - other stages I rested or caught transport.
Don't think it is "cheating" to take transport when you need it - it's what's in your heart that's important.
My Portuguese pilgrimages are detailed in the diaries on my web site "Pilgrimage I" which is Porto to SdC and "Pilgrimage III" Lisbon to Porto.
I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.
Buen camino!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.5%