Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Public transport on Portuguese route

judydaisy

Year of past OR future Camino
Sarria - Santiago 2004
Roncesvalles - Estella 2009
Camino Ingles - 2012
Tui - Santiago - 2014
Hi. I am planning on walking the Tui to Santiago stretch later this year with a very close friend who is a good deal older than me. She can manage approx 15km without too much difficulty. She would like to know how possible it is to catch a bus/taxi when she can't manage any more. She would go on ahead and leave me to walk thus meeting up with her in the evenings.
Thank you. Judy

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
W

whariwharangi

Certainly there is bus service between the towns. Whether that will be of service to you is another matter.

You'd have to find the local bus network for each center and determine where they stop.

Stephen Nicholls

Steve Nicholls, Suffolk, U.K.
Year of past OR future Camino
Too many caminos to list in the permitted 100 characters!!
Hi Judy!
There are plenty of buses and trains along the Portuguese route, so I wouldn't worry.
I walked some of the way and had a wonderful time - other stages I rested or caught transport.
Don't think it is "cheating" to take transport when you need it - it's what's in your heart that's important.
My Portuguese pilgrimages are detailed in the diaries on my web site "Pilgrimage I" which is Porto to SdC and "Pilgrimage III" Lisbon to Porto.
I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.
Buen camino!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings