• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Public transport on Portuguese route

judydaisy

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria - Santiago 2004
Roncesvalles - Estella 2009
Camino Ingles - 2012
Tui - Santiago - 2014
Hi. I am planning on walking the Tui to Santiago stretch later this year with a very close friend who is a good deal older than me. She can manage approx 15km without too much difficulty. She would like to know how possible it is to catch a bus/taxi when she can't manage any more. She would go on ahead and leave me to walk thus meeting up with her in the evenings.
Thank you. Judy

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Certainly there is bus service between the towns. Whether that will be of service to you is another matter.

You'd have to find the local bus network for each center and determine where they stop.

Hi Judy!
There are plenty of buses and trains along the Portuguese route, so I wouldn't worry.
I walked some of the way and had a wonderful time - other stages I rested or caught transport.
Don't think it is "cheating" to take transport when you need it - it's what's in your heart that's important.
My Portuguese pilgrimages are detailed in the diaries on my web site "Pilgrimage I" which is Porto to SdC and "Pilgrimage III" Lisbon to Porto.
I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.
Buen camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back