• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Puente Almuhey albergue closed

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hot off the presses today: http://www.diariodevalderrueda.es/t...-puente-almuhey-irregularidades-instalaciones fbclid=IwAR0UrVsmbFVs8h6xkXyGFwjTmji__6j8sYR9fkx28govyhJ4PDN2ysEDx9M
That's sad. I thought it was a perfectly OK albergue. Zosi, the very kind mayor of Caminayo (half way between Guardo and Puente Almuhey on the new mountain route of the Olvidado) gave me the key and stamped my credencial. It was November last year and I could have done with a blanket but I always carry lots of merino and anybody with a sleeping bag would have been fine as well. There is also a nice pensión in the village where you could stay and where I had an excellent meal and chat with some friendly locals who, slightly oddly, had no idea they lived on a camino de Santiago.

I know! It was a nice little place and the fact that it was free was a big selling point, especially given the lack of albergues in other towns on the route. But there seems to have been a complaint and it wasn't operating completely within all the regulations, so they closed instead of facing a major fine. I don't know what the pensión costs, but the owner of Bar Carricuende, where you picked up the albergue key outside business hours, is apparently helping to fill the gap by offering a pilgrim price to stay at their apartments for 25 euros including breakfast, with better prices if there are multiple pilgrims to share the room. It's nice to know that the community is still trying to welcome pilgrims, even if many of the townspeople don't know they're on a camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yeah it's a great shame because I will be there tomorrow, ojalá, via Caminayo.

There's a Spanish Facebook group that has been pretty active the last day or two with news of closed albergues in Vegavercera and Boñar as well, but it sounds like those are maybe more temporary closures. Still likely to be closed when you pass through, though.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have now heard all the chatter about this. The complaint was filed by the hotel owner in town, so the motives may not be entirely pure. But people here and along the camino are pretty confident that it won’t be closed for long.

We are staying in the apartamentos turísticos El Duende de Carricuende. 20€ each. A two bedroom apartment with washing machine, sheets, towels, blankets. They have five or six apartments in the building next to the restaurant/bar of the same name. We ate a menu Del dia in the restaurant, and it was many notches above the average pilgrim meal. I think it meets the “foodie’s” standards. It is right on the main drag.

Info: tel. 987 716 320 or 629 585 762 (on WhatsApp). Www.carricuende.es
Email- carricuende@gmail.com

Really a great stop. Oh, and did I mention that breakfast in the bar is included in the price?!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back