• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Puento Duero to Penaflor

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino 2024 unknown starting 4/1 from somewhere.
Frosty morning to Simancas. The walk is along the highway. Then rolling hills to Cigunuela. The pine forest is now behind us. Lots of sheep here. Then the path is pretty flat to Wamba and on to Penaflor. A steep decline and then ascent into this village. Albergue has hot water, heat kitchen and washing machine plus WiFi. Pilgrim paradise.

Ultreya
Joe

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Frosty morning to Simancas. The walk is along the highway. Then rolling hills to Cigunuela. The pine forest is now behind us. Lots of sheep here. Then the path is pretty flat to Wabash and on to Penaflor. A steep decline and then ascent into this village. Albergue has hot water, heat kitchen and washing machine plus WiFi. Pilgrim paradise.

Ultreya
Joe
Hi, Joe,
Exactly the same stage I did. Really nice albergue. From another pilgrim here on the forum I heard that bar on the main plaza has a small market behind the counter. Quite good food at the same bar.

BTW Wabash is Wamba and I'm sure Laurie will ask you if you went to church there :)

Wish you a nice pilgrim afternoon!

Hi, Joe,
Exactly the same stage I did. Really nice albergue. From another pilgrim here on the forum I heard that bar on the main plaza has a small market behind the counter. Quite good food at the same bar.

BTW Wabash is Wamba and I'm sure Laurie will ask you if you went to church there :)

Wish you a nice pilgrim afternoon!

I have a hard time posting from my phone. Currently trying to figure out how to use washing machine .

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Frosty morning to Simancas. The walk is along the highway. Then rolling hills to Cigunuela. The pine forest is now behind us. Lots of sheep here. Then the path is pretty flat to Wamba and on to Penaflor. A steep decline and then ascent into this village. Albergue has hot water, heat kitchen and washing machine plus WiFi. Pilgrim paradise.

Ultreya
Joe
love reading your on the trail posts.
muchos gracias :cool:

Four years ago we spent a night in Peñaflor in ayntamiento's bathroom, the albergue was closed. You are doing almost same stops like us. We saw only five other peregrinos during our walk from Madrid to Sáhagun and two of them were walking to Madrid (we were there early June). It was a nice stretch.
Buen Camino,
Heikki

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.