Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Creative Credencial Workshop
A two-part workshop that guides you into creating a credencial and shares it online
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Pulpería Ezequiel — RIP, Señora Mercedes

peregrina2000

Staff member
I bet that there aren’t too many forum members who have walked the Francés and don’t know about the Pulpería Ezequiel. It was the original “go to” place for pulpo a feira in Melide (recently rivaled by Pulpería Garnacha), founded in 1960 by Mercedes and her husban Ezequiel. Ezequiel died years ago, and now it looks like their children are carrying on the family tradition.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
I bet that there aren’t too many forum members who have walked the Francés and don’t know about the Pulpería Ezequiel. It was the original “go to” place for pulpo a feira in Melide (recently rivaled by Pulpería Garnacha), founded in 1960 by Mercedes and her husban Ezequiel. Ezequiel died years ago, and now it looks like their children are carrying on the family tradition.

That is so sad. I remember her well from 2006. Her hands looked very arthritic then. Cutting up all that Octopus...very hard work.

Last edited:

SteveSherry

Past OR future Camino
2014,Camino Frances, 2016 Frances, 2018 Francés, 2016/18 Finisterre and Muxia

Señora Mercedes performed her magic three times for me with her pulpo. It’s sad to see a Camino institution pass but sadder for those who loved her. My thoughts go out to her family who can best celebrate their parents lives by continuing their legacy. I pray you all go well.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated