A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Purchasing Trekking Poles in Porto

Camino(s) past & future
Plan Sept/Oct 2014
Will be walking Porto to Santiago in October 2018 and would like to purchase poles in Porto and donate them at the Pilgrim Office in Santiago. I did this when I walked the Camino Frances in 2014 and it worked out well (airlines). Does anyone know where they could be purchased in Porto? Thank you - Ultreia!

onwayhome

Camino(s) past & future
Frances Ponferrada-Santiago,(c1986)
Frances SJPP-Santiago (2011)
Portuguese Porto- Finisterre (2016)
St Michaels Way (2016)
Take a look at the Decathlon store in Porto, they usually stock a good range of walking poles and outdoor gear.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2014), Camino Inca (2015), Primitivo (2017), Portugues (2018), Finisterre (2018)
I had been thinking of doing the same thing. Someone had posted information about this travel store earlier. I was able to go to their website to find information on what poles they had and prices.
Laventura
Address: Rua Trinidad Coelho n. 40
4050-618 Porto
Phone: 220 113 593

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" camino
Porto to SdC May 2019
Take a look at the Decathlon store in Porto, they usually stock a good range of walking poles and outdoor gear.
Assuming you're flying into Porto you want the 601 bus from outside the terminal. Get off at INFANTA D. MAFALDA (tenth stop from the airport.) and Decathlon is about a 5 minute walk away.
Go back to the same bus stop to continue your journey into Porto.

1529535805658.png

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - central from Porto (2018 - planned)
Will be walking Porto to Santiago in October 2018 and would like to purchase poles in Porto and donate them at the Pilgrim Office in Santiago. I did this when I walked the Camino Frances in 2014 and it worked out well (airlines). Does anyone know where they could be purchased in Porto? Thank you - Ultreia!
Thanks for asking this. I'm also starting my Camino at the beginning of October in Porto (arriving by train from Lisbon) and was planning on acquiring my walking poles there.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%