• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Purchasing Trekking Poles in Porto

JanetEllen

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan Sept/Oct 2014
Will be walking Porto to Santiago in October 2018 and would like to purchase poles in Porto and donate them at the Pilgrim Office in Santiago. I did this when I walked the Camino Frances in 2014 and it worked out well (airlines). Does anyone know where they could be purchased in Porto? Thank you - Ultreia!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Take a look at the Decathlon store in Porto, they usually stock a good range of walking poles and outdoor gear.

I had been thinking of doing the same thing. Someone had posted information about this travel store earlier. I was able to go to their website to find information on what poles they had and prices.
Laventura
Address: Rua Trinidad Coelho n. 40
4050-618 Porto
Phone: 220 113 593

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Take a look at the Decathlon store in Porto, they usually stock a good range of walking poles and outdoor gear.

Assuming you're flying into Porto you want the 601 bus from outside the terminal. Get off at INFANTA D. MAFALDA (tenth stop from the airport.) and Decathlon is about a 5 minute walk away.
Go back to the same bus stop to continue your journey into Porto.

1529535805658.png

Will be walking Porto to Santiago in October 2018 and would like to purchase poles in Porto and donate them at the Pilgrim Office in Santiago. I did this when I walked the Camino Frances in 2014 and it worked out well (airlines). Does anyone know where they could be purchased in Porto? Thank you - Ultreia!
Thanks for asking this. I'm also starting my Camino at the beginning of October in Porto (arriving by train from Lisbon) and was planning on acquiring my walking poles there.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back