A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

PushBullet Notifications

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Dear all,

Just to tell you about a new way of receiving notifications to your mobile and computers phone from the forum. This is of course optional, but I wanted to let you know in case this interests you.

pushb.png
PushBullet

Why would you use this?
It is now possible to receive notifications from the Camino forum using PushBullet. PushBullet is a third party (free) software that can be installed on Windows and Macs, Android phones and also iPhones and iPads. It means that you can get notifications from the forum without having the forum open in your web browser.

If you are interested in setting this up, here is what you need to do:

1) Visit https://www.pushbullet.com/ and download the software for the device(s) you would like to use.
2) Visit the "External Accounts" page in your forum settings here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/account/external-accounts
Scroll to the bottom (look for PushBullet Integration)
3) Click the "Associate PushBullet" button. This will open a new page and you need to agree to link your PushBullet account to the forum account.
4) You then choose what you would like to receive notifications for (New posts, New Conversations,...) and click the Save button at the bottom.

I installed this plugin for my personal use, but wanted to let everyone know in case this might be of interest to others :)

Buen Camino!
Ivar

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Inglés 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
I think I pass on that one, not because it is a bad idea, it is a GREAT idea but it might just push (pun intended) my already existing forum addiction over the edge :rolleyes: SY

nomadpeah

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2015, (CF 2018)
I am on the forum a lot these days considering my departure date is coming up. I just installed Push Bullet and I think this will be great since we have discontinued the app - I miss the notifications.

Thanks for the tip, Ivar!

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
L Announcements 6
KiwiNomad06 Announcements 7

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%