• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Putting spiral binding on guidebook?

Portia1

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2009, Portuguese 2012
Frances 2016, 2019
I've now chopped away at my guidebook removing all unnecessary pages (to me). The binding is now fragile. Has anyone gone to kinkos and had a sprial binding put on their book? This would also allow the book to lay flat. Wondering............

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
While I have not used the shop you mentioned I have spirally bound a guide book. This was back in 2000 when there was no proper guide to the Via de la Plata. I took parts from the CSJ, Alison Raju ans the Amigos in Seville's guidebooks and "wrote" my own. As it was almost entirely plagiarised I could not of course sell it but it was great to have everything in one book and being spirally bound it could be folded completely flat.

why not just put a tag through the pages and throw the pages away as you walk - then buy a new guidebook when you get home

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Kinko's is great for that kind of service; not expensive and quick. I would assume that almost any large copy store would provide the same service. It is a good idea and results in a much more functional selection of pages. Buen camino.

WolverineDG said:
I made one-sided copies of the CSJ guide & then used the back side of the sheets for my journal. 2 birds, one stone.

Kelly

Kelly
What a fantastic idea!! I think I'll do just that with my guide book. I was wondering if it was worth cutting up or copying just the pages I needed. You just answered that for me.
Thanks for the great idea.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back