• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Putting starting dates on calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
Very few seem to be doing this. The drop down menu from the calendar tab at the top explains how to do it but entries are scarce. happening. Lots of members post details in the "Class of 2015" thread but few follow up with the calendar. I'm know that some like to know of fellow forum members being around at the same time and some even want to arrange to meet. What do people think about the calendar? Is it useful? If so why isn't it being used more? Any ideas?

April 2022 Moderator note: The calendar is no longer in use. We now have threads for each month where pilgrims can list their starting date and place. You can find them by clicking here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I like the Calendar and check it daily to see if anyone is heading out around the same time as I am. I hope more people start to use it. Perhaps it needs to be highlighted in the new topics or something like that on a daily basis? Maybe people just aren't seeing it?

From what I can gather you need to post before you can put your details into the calendar. I'd like to put our details in but I haven't started a thread.
Am I correct?
Jacki.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Having had to postpone my projected (and some would say over-planned!) 2015 Camino to, hopefully, 2016 due to an unanticipated illness I shall not be posting anything in the calendar until very close to my departure from this sceptr'd isle!

Call me superstitious if you will but I'm no longer taking any chances with fate and/or St James and what she (?) or he may chuck in my path!

Yes you do need to create a thread. After that the post creating the thread has a "thread tools" menu at it's top right. Selecting "Calendar add" gets you there.

Read Ivar's guide....how do you access the " Caminho introduction" section?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes you do need to create a thread. After that the post creating the thread has a "thread tools" menu at it's top right. Selecting "Calendar add" gets you there.
I can't find the "thread tools" menu for the life of me

First you need to start a new thread AND post/publish it. On the page that is then created the Thread Tool Menu is in the top right corner. Good Luck! SY

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi SY/aL, Thx for the tips from you and Al and others........ Some have asked why are people are not using the calendar? I think that it is too difficult to get your dates on it. I am struggling right now to get my date on the calendar and have about given up. Seems that last year I was able to add my date in the calendar though. Oh well, I'm leaving SJPDP Sept 5th.
Regards and thx for trying to train me to figure it out. Guess that I am just the forum dummy here...Ed

Very few seem to be doing this. The drop down menu from the calendar tab at the top explains how to do it but entries are scarce. happening. Lots of members post details in the "Class of 2015" thread but few follow up with the calendar. I'm know that some like to know of fellow forum members being around at the same time and some even want to arrange to meet. What do people think about the calendar? Is it useful? If so why isn't it being used more? Any ideas?

Hi Al
I agree that people don't seem to be using the calendar so much. Last year Deadfred started a simple list for the September 2014 pilgrims and there were SO many of us. Hard to believe so few on the calendar this year . Perhaps a simple list for each month would be helpful? I did ask last week if someone could help me start one but got only one reply that said there was already a thread. Not a list though, it really did help last year as you could predict at a glance who you may meet, and I did , gmonkey on my second day and Monkmoses, both of whom I had seen or chatted with on the forum. I'm not too computer savvy or would have attempted list myself,as each member was added their name was highlighted and changed colour as we started to leave. Really great thread eg.

19th September - Griffin57 , StJPdP. Then names added above below etc as appropriate? I guess there would need to be one administrator for each month?

Just a suggestion? Very easy to read.

Sarah

Hi SY/aL, Thx for the tips from you and Al and others........ Some have asked why are people are not using the calendar? I think that it is too difficult to get your dates on it. I am struggling right now to get my date on the calendar and have about given up. Seems that last year I was able to add my date in the calendar though. Oh well, I'm leaving SJPDP Sept 5th.
Regards and thx for trying to train me to figure it out. Guess that I am just the forum dummy here...Ed

Oops didn't realise this was a thread originally from January? Thought it was in light of recent events. Sorry.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Hi Al, I cannot see a drop down menu and that is why I am having trouble....Ed

Hi Al
I agree that people don't seem to be using the calendar so much. Last year Deadfred started a simple list for the September 2014 pilgrims and there were SO many of us. Hard to believe so few on the calendar this year . Perhaps a simple list for each month would be helpful? I did ask last week if someone could help me start one but got only one reply that said there was already a thread. Not a list though, it really did help last year as you could predict at a glance who you may meet, and I did , gmonkey on my second day and Monkmoses, both of whom I had seen or chatted with on the forum. I'm not too computer savvy or would have attempted list myself,as each member was added their name was highlighted and changed colour as we started to leave. Really great thread eg.

19th September - Griffin57 , StJPdP. Then names added above below etc as appropriate? I guess there would need to be one administrator for each month?

Just a suggestion? Very easy to read.

Sarah
I like this idea Sarah. If only there was an easy way to add ourselves to a calendar since it already exists then more would do it (including myself). I think we are missing so much by not knowing who is walking near to the dates that we are.....Just my two cents... Ed

I tried too - but gave up! Must try again

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I would if I didn't have to start a thread for it.. Seems to me like a waste of forum space... no? :/

I would if I didn't have to start a thread for it.. Seems to me like a waste of forum space... no? :/
The main calendar is for all the caminos. I really enjoyed the thread that Deadfred started just for September and all of the pilgrims involved were really chatty and excited about meeting up. It was really easy to read , as you joined your name was blue and when it got to your day to set off it turned green. I never would have known about the 2 great pilgrims I met without that thread. I was blessed by MonkMoses in Carrion le Condes and got to see him serve at the altar in Santiago. Very special indeed he's a Byzantine Catholic Deacon from the US and fabulous company when I met up with him many times on the Camino. Gmonkey was also great company a food writer from Las Vegas.

I'd love to use the calendar but it's too complicated. You need step by step instructions as it's not obvious how to post. I think many people just give up. Although I've twice requested instructions and put my dates on. I just came to put my June 5th start date on the Norte but forget the steps and can't justify requested instructions a third time. Can it be made simpler? It's such a great resource.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'd love to use the calendar but it's too complicated. You need step by step instructions as it's not obvious how to post. I think many people just give up. Although I've twice requested instructions and put my dates on. I just came to put my June 5th start date on the Norte but forget the steps and can't justify requested instructions a third time. Can it be made simpler? It's such a great resource.
I think it has been made simpler for pilgrims to do, prior to this we had to apply to one of the moderators to insert our names. It would help if different caminos were colour coded? Even if you are not on you can see who else is if they have managed to do it. There is sometimes a bar across the top with further instructions but you have to catch it quick!

I agree - I am giving up to get to the calendar

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back