• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Quebec Camino Group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Can any of our Candian members tell me if there is still a camino group in Quebec? The website I have http://www.duquebecacompostelle.ca seems to be out of operation.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I just checked and their site is available. It is a .org not a .ca

http://www.duquebecacompostelle.org/

Now, to get in touch with a member is another story.... they seem to disappear between May and October. Tough if you need assistance as I did two years ago, they just vanish.

I don't know about Montréal, but the Outouais group is very active, with regular walks and (outside summer) monthly sessions and meetings at the RC Diocesan HQ. I coordinate the Ottawa group and frequently refer francophones interested in the Camino to them; I've never had trouble getting in touch with them on the contact listed on the website in and out of season.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
oursonpolaire said:
I've never had trouble getting in touch with them on the contact listed on the website in and out of season.

I hope things have changed for the best because I tried to get assistance from them, from end May to Sept in 2005, as I was going on the CF in late Sept. When I finally reached someone by phone I as bluntly told to call back in Oct (sic) as everyone was out walking... :cry:

They would not even send me a credential and had to get it from the Canadian Company of pilgrims in Toronto where they were very helful.

I hope things have changed for the best because I tried to get assistance from them, from end May to Sept in 2005, as I was going on the CF in late Sept. When I finally reached someone by phone I as bluntly told to call back in Oct (sic) as everyone was out walking... 😢

They would not even send me a credential and had to get it from the Canadian Company of pilgrims in Toronto where they were very helful.
WoW! this is not typical of Quebecois hospitality at all.

WoW! this is not typical of Quebecois hospitality at all.
As I've posted above, it's not my experience of the Québec group, which is perhaps the largest pilgrims' association in the Americas with over 3,000 members. I'm a member of both the AQC and the CCoP and they're both as active as possible in the current circumstances. I've several times referred people to AQC chapters and have followed up. I think the initial poster hit them at a blip or a developmental period 14 years ago; much changes over a period like that (such as my now-greater waistline or my hair colour, which now seems astonishingly grey...)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.