• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Question about albergue in Bandeira

peregrina2000

Staff member
I'm finishing up the revisions to the Invierno guide, and some have requested that I add more information about the last couple of stages from Laxe, where the Invierno joins the Sanabrés, into Santiago. So here is my first question:

I have found information on a new (2013) albergue in Bandeira. This, I assume, is NOT the camping grounds outside of town where people have stayed before. But from the picture, it looks like it is out in the country rather than in town. The street name, Rua Louras, doesn´t come up on google maps. The text describing it says it is 100 m off camino, but I would appreciate confirmation of that.

http://www.santiagoturismo.com/aloxamentos-santiagoturismo/albergue-de-a-bandeira

If you´ve slept in this albergue, can you give me some information about its location? Thanks much, Laurie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Good location! The arrow is in a bit of an empty field, but I suspect it is a slight location error.

upload_2014-11-11_10-7-27.png

upload_2014-11-11_10-8-3.png

Thanks falcon, That explains why the picture makes it look like it´s out of town. It´s actually on the edge of town, but the town is so small that it is still within 100 m of the camino. Looks like one of those prefabs things, but the reports seem to be pretty positive. Have you slept there?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Have you slept there?
No. I stayed in the Hotel Victorino; good room, excellent food. The Hostal Conde Rey seemed permanently closed, and the then-existing albergue was too far out of town! This place looks great. There are several bars and restaurants off the main street that were very good, and are close to the new albergue. Cafe Bar Trecola, Bar Reyna, Cafe Bar Filo.

I'm finishing up the revisions to the Invierno guide, and some have requested that I add more information about the last couple of stages from Laxe, where the Invierno joins the Sanabrés, into Santiago. So here is my first question:

I have found information on a new (2013) albergue in Bandeira. This, I assume, is NOT the camping grounds outside of town where people have stayed before. But from the picture, it looks like it is out in the country rather than in town. The street name, Rua Louras, doesn´t come up on google maps. The text describing it says it is 100 m off camino, but I would appreciate confirmation of that.

http://www.santiagoturismo.com/aloxamentos-santiagoturismo/albergue-de-a-bandeira

If you´ve slept in this albergue, can you give me some information about its location? Thanks much, Laurie
Hi, Laurie :)

I've slept there and can only recommend it. Due to so much work commitments in past days I'll be able to continue my "blog" on Invierno only tomorrow with the stage from A Laxe to Bandeira.

Ultreia!

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back