• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Question about Fete du Roi in Le Puy in September

nreyn12

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked (2005) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015); Guide 2013-2016
Hey all,
Has anyone attended the Fete du Roi in Le Puy? I just realized that my preferred start date falls during the festival, and I am wondering what to expect. Will I be able to find pilgrim accommodation, or should I book ahead? Should I plan to hang around for the festival?

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Nancy

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You can book here for Le Puy:

http://www.lescapucins.net/#/giteang/3516215
Fêtes Renaissance du Roi de l’Oiseau au Puy-en-Velay

Cette fête inspirée de la Renaissance s’achève par la nomination du meilleur archer de la ville. Superbes costumes d’époque et reconstitutions historiques. Le XVIe siècle grandeur nature avec scènes de la vie quotidienne, marché d'époque, spectacles, défilés...

Quand : du 14 au 18 septembre 2011
Site internet : http://www.roideloiseau.com
Fiche destination : Auvergne

Since it is never a bad idea to book ahead in Le Puy, even without complicating events, by all means reserve yourself a bed. And since many people will attend the event and then start walking, reserving a bed on your route for the next week would also be advisable.

I don't know about the Fete, but the Market Days in Le Puy come very highly recommended, so I imagine the Fete even more so. Lucky you - enjoy the festivities!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I've read that the usual market day in Le Puy is Saturday.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Looks like I'll be there around that time as well for a departure! A Saturday start with the festival sounds good, as the departure from Le Puy Sunday morning would be good.

A festival near your starting date just means a very large number of people with the same thought. Be sure you reserve your lodgings for the next week or so. Remember the French make reservations for themselves - this is very different from Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back