• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Question about location icon on some threads

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Many in the past and, God willing; more to come
On my phone this thread’s title (in the new posts list) has an icon which looks like a set of cross-hairs next to it. Any ideas anyone?

Attachments

• C8A14D08-8258-43A7-9EB3-2FA783B91064.png
    C8A14D08-8258-43A7-9EB3-2FA783B91064.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 122
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
On my phone this thread’s title (in the new posts list) has an icon which looks like a set of cross-hairs next to it. Any ideas anyone?
I have that as well. It looks like something similar to the icon in Google Maps that you "click" to centre the map on your current position.

I have no idea what it does within the Forum.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
On my phone this thread’s title (in the new posts list) has an icon which looks like a set of cross-hairs next to it.
It looks like something similar to the icon in Google Maps that you "click" to centre the map on your current position.
It looks like a bullseye to me
Now, when you create a new thread, it is possible to check the "Add location" check box. This is sometimes relevant to the topic.

You can later see the locations here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/thread-on-map/
(See in the menu bar at the top of the forum, "Map" located before "What's new".

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Aha this was perplexing me as well. I see the map but when browsing the thread itself is it only the starting message that has the location? In other words only the author of a new thread can post a location and only in the first message? I looked at one thread summary containing the bullseye but couldn't the see where the location was referenced within the thread.

I love this function for the ability to search by map view only. Not so much for threads related to common places, ie Leon or Burgos but for obscure places on obscure routes. Places where one doesn’t know the search term to begins one’s research. Excellent resource in the hands of someone like @jungleboy.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.