• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Question about Tres Cantos

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi, all,

On another thread, Javier Martin confirmed that there is now a real albergue in Tres Cantos. Javier or anyone else, can you add a little info to that -- location, facilities, etc?

Muchas gracias, Laurie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
peregrina2000 said:
Hi, all,

On another thread, Javier Martin confirmed that there is now a real albergue in Tres Cantos. Javier or anyone else, can you add a little info to that -- location, facilities, etc?

Muchas gracias, Laurie

All I have on Tres Cantos is "A small alb., not easy to find or ask for...better to go to Colmenar". However, I don't yet know if there is an alb. in Colmenar: I don't think so. But as the Tres Cantos alb. exists, this is the first option.

I've PMd.

Hi, caminando,

Just last week I heard directly from Javier that the Tres Cantos albergue is right in the ayuntamiento (town hall), which makes its location easy to find.

But, since the distances in the CSJ online guide start at the Iglesia de Santiago and not at the Plaza de Castilla, starting at the latter place makes it a very do-able first day to go from Madrid to Colmenar el Viejo, which is what I now hope to do. If I'm energetic upon arrival into Madrid, I'll walk the first little chunk (less than 7 km) from the church after getting my sello to the Pza. Castilla while battling the urge to sleep after an overnight flight.

Anyone else planning to head out from Madrid around May 17? Laurie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hola Laurie

Of course you may walk through Madrid from the Iglesia de Santiago but it really has little to commend it - as does Tres Cantos imho! I think the natural etapa is to Colmenar el Viejo. Will you mark up the guie on your way please?

It is a truly lovely off road route.

Buen Camino

John

Hi, John,
I'll be happy to mark up the CSJ guide -- it will be my only aid till Sahagun, so I will be depending on you and the CSJ! The same will be true when I then tackle the Invierno, though I'm hopeful Rebekah will have some last helpful hints when she returne from her jaunt with the Dutch (?) walkers.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back