• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Question for Moderators

Time of past OR future Camino
Recent:Norte/Muxia- Spring '23
MadridWay- Fall '23
I am wondering who makes the changes in the status of forum members...we start out as a "new member", later we are changed to "member", then to "active member" and I've seen "veteran member" listed, too.

I recently became a "new member" of the forum for only two weeks, when for no apparent reason my avatar disappeared and in its place was posted a generic question mark photo. I was then listed as a "guest" instead of being a member, and could no longer log in. I have now started over and signed up once again, which has gained me new access. All my previous threads and posts are still showing, but my stats are now starting from scratch. Do any of you possibly know what has caused all this confusion?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Can't answer your question, but Welcome back! I wondered where you had gone :confused:
Jill

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I am wondering who makes the changes in the status of forum members...we start out as a "new member", later we are changed to "member", then to "active member" and I've seen "veteran member" listed, too.
I've noticed that my status changed when I exceeded a number of posts. I can't remember the numbers exactly but I think 100 was one threshold. If you pay attention to the status of posters and the number of posts they made you can narrow the number down for each threshold.

I've noticed that my status changed when I exceeded a number of posts. I can't remember the numbers exactly but I think 100 was one threshold. If you pay attention to the status of posters and the number of posts they made you can narrow the number down for each threshold.
That makes sense. Maybe it is an automatic thing that happens, set up that way on the website. Thanks for the info.

As far as I know...no one can make those changes.
As someone suggested, it is automated by number of posts.
I have no idea why Chris experienced the glitch as I have not heard of this happening before.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am wondering who makes the changes in the status of forum members.
As far as I know...no one can make those changes.
As someone suggested, it is automated by number of posts.
I have just changed my own status to "Member with no special status" to demonstrate my secret powers. :D:p (There is some automated change, but it works in strange and mysterious ways.)

I have just changed my own status to "Member with no special status" to demonstrate my secret powers. :D:p (There is some automated change, but it works in strange and mysterious ways.)
Interesting that you were able to change your own status yourself, but it sort of adds to my confusion...I wonder then who had changed my status to "guest" and bumped me off the forum before I had to sign up a 2nd time. Musta been a phantom pilgrim. o_O

I have no idea how it happened that you were bumped off the forum. Regarding the status categories, as I understand it, there are some automatic settings like New Member, and in some cases the status will change to Veteran Member after enough posts. But mine never did, and I liked being an ordinary "Member." But you can change it by clicking on your name at the top right, and then on Personal Details.

Maybe I will change to the standard "Veteran Member" now.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have no idea how it happened that you were bumped off the forum. Regarding the status categories, as I understand it, there are some automatic settings like New Member, and in some cases the status will change to Veteran Member after enough posts. But mine never did, and I liked being an ordinary "Member." But you can change it by clicking on your name at the top right, and then on Personal Details.

Maybe I will change to the standard "Veteran Member" now.
Thank you, C clearly, for taking time to try and help me understand. Yes, you should be a veteran member! I've viewed the forum for two years and have often noticed the good advise you give!

I wonder if you opened the forum without actually signing in????

Thanks for the thought, Kiwi, but no, that was definately not the problem. First it said my password was invalid and asked if I had forgotten it. I tried to log in about 5 times with that happening. Then next when I tried logging in, it said my name was not recognized, so I was locked out for over a week until it was suggested I sign up a 2nd time as a new member again. That worked, but I lost my stat #'s, although that doesn't really bother me.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

It can’t be that because about a week ago I noticed that Camino Chris’s status had suddenly changed to Guest. I wondered what had happened that had made her leave the forum, as “Guest” seems to be the status given when a member has asked to be permanently removed as a member. Maybe Ivar will solve the mystery.
Jill

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
And to clarify, if you click on the “Sporks?” thread, you will now see that the original poster, i.e. our very own Camino Chris, has the status of Guest.
Jill

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It can’t be that because about a week ago I noticed that Camino Chris’s status had suddenly changed to Guest. I wondered what had happened that had made her leave the forum, as “Guest” seems to be the status given when a member has asked to be permanently removed as a member. Maybe Ivar will solve the mystery.
Jill
Ivar finally contacted me to reply after I emailed him. He had no clue why I was changed to guest and avatar removed and said it never has happened before. I was alarmed that I was banned from the forum for some unknown reason i couldn't identify on my part. It was suggested by kanga (I found her email) that I try signing up again, which i then did. All seems good...for now anyway!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.