• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Question for slow walkers on the Camino Norte

AFB_CF_2018

Time of past OR future Camino
Newbie. Walking CN June/July 2018. ❤️
Anyone have a route plan they can share that is roughly 10 miles/day (+/-)? I’m walking from third week in June until early Aug, starting in San Sebastián. I know that is busy season, and I can map it out myself but would rather not recreate the wheel.

Thanks!

A

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Anyone have a route plan they can share that is roughly 10 miles/day (+/-)? I’m walking from third week in June until early Aug, starting in San Sebastián. I know that is busy season, and I can map it out myself but would rather not recreate the wheel.

Thanks!

A
Hi AFB
You wouldn’t be recreating the wheel. But you might find it helpful to check out Gronze site on the web and select Norte ..
They have all the stages with profile maps, distances between places and accommodation available.. you alone will know how much distance you can walk or wish to walk in a day and can plan accordingly.

Buen Camino. There’s a lot of fun in planning and feels good to know you did it yourself

Annie

Doing your own planning is indeed half of the fun (perhaps the lesser half) The planning beforehand I think should mainly concern the gathering of information. The concrete planning you will do when you are on the Camino and you know all the circumstances like weather, your own condition, fellowwalkers with whom you would like to continue and so on.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Welcome to the forum @AFB_CF_2018
All the info as @OzAnnie says is on Gronze's Norte section. Outline map, lists of albergues and other accommodation, elevation profiles etc. Also for Spanish readers more details which, if using Chrome and logged in, can be read in English.
It is much easier to plan your own stages than to rely on others who may have different places they want to linger, sleep, eat etc.
Happy planning and Buen Camino

Thanks!

A

@AFB_CF_2018 , we're walking the Camino del Norte during September and October. We used Gronze (as pointed out in a number of posts here) as well as the Wise Pilgrim and Buen Camino apps to plan our walk.
We're slow walkers, so we have also set a target to walk on average 15km (10 miles) per day. Sometimes it is not possible, so we have to walk longer distances.
Attached is a file with our stages, as an example only. We don't always strictly follow the Camino, and we'll follow the coastal alternatives:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/coastal-alternatives-to-the-nortes-asphalt.49578/
Hope this helps.
As others have rightly said: you will need to plan your own stages to suit your own interests.
Buen Camino!

Attachments

• Norte Stages.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 95
@AFB_CF_2018 , we're walking the Camino del Norte during September and October. We used Gronze (as pointed out in a number of posts here) as well as the Wise Pilgrim and Buen Camino apps to plan our walk.
We're slow walkers, so we have also set a target to walk on average 15km (10 miles) per day. Sometimes it is not possible, so we have to walk longer distances.
Attached is a file with our stages, as an example only. We don't always strictly follow the Camino, and we'll follow the coastal alternatives:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/coastal-alternatives-to-the-nortes-asphalt.49578/
Hope this helps.
As others have rightly said: you will need to plan your own stages to suit your own interests.
Buen Camino!
Thanks!!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks!!!

Caveat, @AFB_CF_2018 , the file I have uploaded is work in progress: I estimate distances from the various guides, and on one occasion, I miscalculated. Nueva to Ribadesella is 16km (10 miles), not the 11km (7 miles).
So please don't take my calculations as references!
Buen Camino

Caveat, @AFB_CF_2018 , the file I have uploaded is work in progress: I estimate distances from the various guides, and on one occasion, I miscalculated. Nueva to Ribadesella is 16km (10 miles), not the 11km (7 miles).
So please don't take my calculations as references!
Buen Camino
Understood! Thanks!!!!!

Thanks!

A
Look at the other post on this website about worst stages on the Camino del Norte if you had to miss out some stages. This is well broken down. You could just break it down further xx
Z

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hope this helps.
Buen Camino!
Thank you, very much for the file. It's nice to have a backup

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.