• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Question: Madrid-El Goloso train

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I've got 10 days until I leave for Madrid.
I'm trying to cut the first few days of the walk into shorter sections.

I see there is a Circanius from Madrid to El Goloso.
It runs every 30 minutes and takes 22 minutes to arrive.
The cost is only 2 euros.

Has anyone done this?
Does the Camino go directly through El Goloso and will I have any problems picking it up there?

Thanks!
I'm getting excited.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
El Goloso is very close to the CdM path. I took the metro out to Montecarmelo and the arrows (and open countryside) are there for you. The cercanías goes on from El Goloso to Tres Cantos, which is just off the camino, and Colmenar Viejo, which is on it. Fuencarral, just before Montecarmelo, is on both the metro and the cercanías, and the camino.

Have a buen camino - and take plenty of water up from Cercedilla: I luckily happened on a spring (the fuente de San Pedro) in the middle of a field about 10km short of Segovia, but it would be easy to miss.

I walked from Montecamerlo to Tres Cantos last Sunday. Yes El Goloso is on the Camino.
The oaks and the field in general were spectacular after a rainy winter and still little snow on the Sierra in the background.
I enjoyed a lot my walk and maybe next week I'm walking Tres Cantos - Manzanares with some friends (one of them knows a good restaurant there !?).

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back