• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Questionnaire on reasons for hiking El Camino - masters stud

per_mand

I’m a master student at the University of Copenhagen (Denmark). For a project, I’m doing a sociological analysis of the hikers on El Camino to Santiago de Compostella in Northern Spain – who are they, and their reasons for hiking El Camino.

Please answer as detailed as possible, and return the questionnaire to my Email [per_mand@yahoo.dk], or as a personal message at this site. Thank you very much for your help. I will tread your answer anonymously.

1. Gender:

2. Year of birth:

3. Nationality:

4. Education:

5. Job:

6. Where did you hear of El Camino?

7. When did you hike El Camino?

8. When did you decide to hike El Camino (a week before, a month before..)?

9. How many times have you been hiking El Camino?:

10. How many days have you spend on El Camino?:

11. What was your average amount of money spend daily?:

12. What was the average age of hikers on El Camino?

13. Why did you hike El Camino?

14. What did you gain from the hike?

15. What was the greatest experience?:

15.b What was the worst experience?:

16. What are you especially going to remember from El Camino?:

17. Are you religious?:

18. In your opinion, were you a tourist, a religious tourist or a pilgrim on El Camino?:

19. What was the course of a typical day on El Camino?:

20. Did you mostly hike alone, or with other hikers?:

21. How many hours did you spend by your self in the course of a typical day?:

22. In your opinion, how important was the community with other hikers to you?:

23. What was most important, your personal experience or the community with other hikers?

24. Are you going to hike El Camino again?:

25. Why are you going to do it again?:

If you know other people who have hiked El Camino, please send my questionnaire to them, thanks.

I appreciate your help,

Per Svendsen, April 2008
[per_mand@yahoo.dk]

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hei Per,

Interesting... maybe you could post your final report here as a pdf file? It certainly would be an interesting read.

Good luck on your project!
Ivar

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back