• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

questions about going to North route from Arles route (+whet

klee513

Hello!
how are you guys,

Im planning to go Arles route this end of the May,
I want to know the whether! Is it hot? Is it chill? raining a lot?
I have no idea with my clothes.

Also, after finish Arles route, I want to continue to north route in spain, not france route in spain,
How can I change the route by foot?

Im thinking about going to
Oloron ste-Marie
Mauleon Licharre
St-Just-Lbarre
St-Jean-Pied-de-Port
Pamplona
then going to San sebastian. Is it possible?
If it does, How long does usually take from Pamplona to San sebastian?

Thank you and Thank you, :lol:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello Klee513!

Interesting alternative!
I cannot help you on this, but can tell you about some other possibilities:

- Saint-Jean to Bayonne via the "voie de la Nive" (the other way around, I think, normally people start in Bayonne, but you should check it)

- Saint-Jean to Hendaye via small roads and paths ("Gérard du camino" wrote a small guide in French for that alternative), that is the way I chose last year

- Pamplona to Bayonne via the "voie du Baztan" (this would mean to follow this way and its waymarking the other way around and, just some km before arriving at Bayonne, to join the Norte; this would mean as well to cross the Pyrenees and to re-cross them another time...)

- Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Irun or san Sebastian via the Tunnel Road - also waymarked the other way around

- or Burgos to Irun or San Sebastian via the Via de Bayonna/Tunnel Road (waymarking idem, but in 2010 not always easy to follow even in the "right" direction)

Very frankly, last year I wanted to join Roncesvalles from Saint Jean and from there follow the GR11 to join Irun on the Norte but after some conversations with other pilgrims from the region, I decided for the Saint Jean - Hendaye alternative. And was quite happy with it. (I had not done the Way from Arles but the Piemont Way arriving as well in Oloron and continuing to Saint Jean via Mauléon and Saint Just)

A map might be useful if you decide to follow a way "against" the direction of its waymarking.

Buen camino, whatever way you will take!

Most read last week in this forum

This is a general question for my curiosity. It probably should be posted in “Equipment etc” but would probably get a lot of Spain replies. I’m not bringing my emergency beacon but I did read on...
Greetings pilgrims, We are walking next September from Lourdes to Somport and would like to hear stories and adv ice about the section from Urdos to Somport, with the big incline. Is this route...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back