A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Questions about the Private Conversation function

peregrina2000

Staff member
Donating Member
I know that there is a way to add people to an ongoing conversation, but I can't find the right place to do that.

And one other related question -- is there a way to see who are the people who were initially joined in a conversation? I know that I can see the members who have actually communicated with me in a conversation, but I can't figure out how to see a list of everyone who was added into the conversation when it was created.

Thanks for your help, Buen camino, Laurie

Advertisment

wayfarer

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
I found staff members joining without invitation to be quite annoying.
Staff members cannot see anyone's Private Conversations or cannot join them without being invited to do so by one or other of the participants.

Advertisment

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Mar 2010, May/Jun 2016, Sep 2011, 2012, Apr 2014, St Olav's Way 2018
Only the person starting a private conversation (PM) can "add" other members to a PM conversation. There is no way for any staff of admin (me) to add themselves unless invited.
It also seems to rely on the person starting the conversation allowing this from the outset by checking the box 'Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others'. Even then, it is not clear to me how others are added.

wayfarer

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
See snapshot below of a Private Conversation being started. Ashampoo_Snap_2016.01.18_12h26m45s_003_.png If you just want to PM another member, fill in their forum name, the Conversation Title, the message and then send. If you want to include others just add them separated by a comma. If you want to allow the person getting the PM to add others tick the box "Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others"
If you do NOT want a reply to your PM (???) tick the box "Lock conversation (no response allowed)

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Mar 2010, May/Jun 2016, Sep 2011, 2012, Apr 2014, St Olav's Way 2018
@wayfarer, what I cannot find is a way, once the conversation has been started, to 'invite' someone new even with the tick box selected.

wayfarer

Staff member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
I don't think you can Doug. I'll check.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.5%
  • June