Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Questions about the Private Conversation function

peregrina2000

Staff member
I know that there is a way to add people to an ongoing conversation, but I can't find the right place to do that.

And one other related question -- is there a way to see who are the people who were initially joined in a conversation? I know that I can see the members who have actually communicated with me in a conversation, but I can't figure out how to see a list of everyone who was added into the conversation when it was created.

Thanks for your help, Buen camino, Laurie

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Spain: Mar 2010, Apr 2014, May/Jun 2016. Norway/Sweden: 2012, 2018. Other: 2011, 2019. CP (tbc)
Only the person starting a private conversation (PM) can "add" other members to a PM conversation. There is no way for any staff of admin (me) to add themselves unless invited.
It also seems to rely on the person starting the conversation allowing this from the outset by checking the box 'Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others'. Even then, it is not clear to me how others are added.

wayfarer

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
See snapshot below of a Private Conversation being started. Ashampoo_Snap_2016.01.18_12h26m45s_003_.png If you just want to PM another member, fill in their forum name, the Conversation Title, the message and then send. If you want to include others just add them separated by a comma. If you want to allow the person getting the PM to add others tick the box "Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others"
If you do NOT want a reply to your PM (???) tick the box "Lock conversation (no response allowed)

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Spain: Mar 2010, Apr 2014, May/Jun 2016. Norway/Sweden: 2012, 2018. Other: 2011, 2019. CP (tbc)
@wayfarer, what I cannot find is a way, once the conversation has been started, to 'invite' someone new even with the tick box selected.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances