• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Questions and Concerns - Starting Next Week

ScottZ

Time of past OR future Camino
Leon -> Santiago de Compostela (Summer 2017)
Hello All,

I am planning to start my Camino from Tui next week. As of yet, I have not planned much of anything and I am beginning to feel a bit anxious.

I have read that generally accomodations are available and booking in advance is not necessary. I'm also under the impression that the trails are typically well marked. Still, I am nervous for such as unplanned trip.

Are these assumptions generally true. I have moderate experience backpacking domestically in the US. Should I be generally okay to follow signage and other pilgrims to find my path and sleeping accomodations along the way.

Thank you and Buen Camino,
Scott

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi ScottZ,
I am currently walking the Camino with a friend (now in Burgos) and you need not worry about getting lost. The route is well marked and everyone is happy to tell you which way to go if you get lost. The pilgrims along the way are easy to spot and the local people are wonderful dispite any language differences

You are right, and great that you have such a flexible approach. But it makes for a better experience to have a rough plan of where you are aiming for the next day, and not just follow others like a sheep in a flock. I find www.gronze.com very useful for this. It doesn't have an app as such, but the website works brilliantly on a small phone screen.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi ScottZ,
I am currently walking the Camino with a friend (now in Burgos) and you need not worry about getting lost. The route is well marked and everyone is happy to tell you which way to go if you get lost. The pilgrims along the way are easy to spot and the local people are wonderful dispite any language differences
ScottZ is planning on walking the Portuguese route. I'm not sure if it is as well marked and traveled as the Frances.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello, I walked from Tui on my own last year (my first time) and it was very well marked and there were plenty of hostels. The only problem I had was actually getting out of Tui, there is a hidden path on the left when leaving the town. Apart from that... it was amazing

ScottZ is planning on walking the Portuguese route. I'm not sure if it is as well marked and traveled as the Frances.
Yes it is. I get that this post was meant to corrwct the person who answered about the Frances, but the answer, from a person who did not walk the refered route, may also not have been the most helpful. Why this race to answer when one does not know?

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back