• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Questions-Camino Portuguese

shell

Hi all, I am walking the Camino Portuguese in June and I am really looking forward to it, I am starting to get everything organised and I have a few questions that I hope you may be able to help me with.

I need to take the metro from Porto airport to the centre of Porto to get my credencial from the Cathedral; does anyone know the name of the metro stop where I need to get off?

Also, I have a few days to spare at the end of walking and I was thinking of heading to beach. I had heard there were a few nice beaches around Ponteverda, has anyone any information on this? Or could someone recommend somewhere please?

Thanks
Shell

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Shell

I don´t have access to my notes at the moment but I think it may be Bolhão Station - but anyone on the Metro will tell you.

I´m afraid I can´t tell you much about beaches but what a discussion this has started this morning! Here we go:

Katusha (in the Pilgrims Office) says take a bus from Santiago to Noia then a bus to Riveira for a fantastic selection of beaches. The journey will take around an hour the same as Ponteverda but better beaches.

Sandra says take the train from Santiago to Villagarcía de Arosa - journey 45 mins for an excellent beach.

Antonio says he agrees with Sandra. They are now shouting their preferences at each other!

ok - after all of that there has been an outbreak of agreement around Muros being the most outstanding beach - take the bus which goes from Santiago - Muros -Cee - Fisterra. It leaves Santiago bus station at 9am, 10am, 12 noon (on Saturdays) 1pm, 3.20 pm (Saturdays) and 7pm.

Good luck!

John

ps they are still at it - they say look here for the evidence! http://www.muros.es/es/playas.htm

Hi John, thanks for the information regarding the Metro, I am having difficulty loading the map of the Metro on my PC at the minute.

I thank you all (so much) for the information regarding the beaches and I am almost crying with laughter at the discussions you have been having there. But, instead of helping me out with this question, all you have done is add to it! :D

My dilemma now is which one? I checked them all out and they all look fantastic! What a choice and what a beautiful part of the world. But, yes I think maybe Muros or Riveira. :lol:

Thank you all very much
Shell

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I spent some time in Muros post-camino in 2001. Back then there wasn´t much of a beach at all... for that you had to go over to San Francisco, about a km. away. The "municipal beach" was still pretty much fishermen, boats, and mussel shells.

...that said, though, at about 3 p.m. each day a gang of dolphins came swimming in to the harbor and leapt about for at least a half-hour. It was a magical time and place. And you can get a really great pizza there, too!

If you wanted to spend some time on a beautiful Portuguese beach, I highly recommend Nazare.
It is not on the Camino.
But I spent $200 for a flat there for one week and loved every minute.
A lovely town with a gorgeous beach!
Easy to access via train or bus.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
hi shell,

I'm also thinking of taking the camino to santiago from porto in june, with my girlfriend. We are thinking of starting the 6th june.

As for your question regarding the metro station is the S.Bento station you must get off to go to the cathedral.

Hope you have a good journey and maybe we met along the camino.

see you and good luck

Hi Jav, thanks for the information regarding the metro station, and yes we may meet each other on the way. Have you and your girlfriend walked this Camino before? I am really looking forward to it and can’t wait to get started.
Best wishes
Shell

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back