• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Questions: crossing into Spain; open alburgues

LynneR

Time of past OR future Camino
CF '16, '18
Hello- I apologize if I am duplicating questions from another thread, but I'm looking for input during this uncertain time.

Since the recent possibly of a camino is so sudden, I can only do a short hike on such short notice....so I'm thinking about the CP later this summer. I have a couple questions I hoping some of you can answer...(BTW, I would begin on the coast then cross over to the main path). So if you have been on the CP recently or have some knowledge about these issues I would appreciate your help.

1. Is it easy to walk from Portugal into Spain if I have a vaccination card, or do I need to get a COVID test or go through some other process as I enter a new country? (I imagine this situation is fluid)
2. Are enough facilities open on the CP that I would easily find a place to stay each night?

Thanks for your input!
Lynne

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi everyone, does anyone know how is it now? Do I need a PCR / antigen test to cross the borders from Portugal to Spain on CP? I am a EU citizen however without complete vaccination (yet). Thank you!

Hi everyone, does anyone know how is it now? Do I need a PCR / antigen test to cross the borders from Portugal to Spain on CP? I am a EU citizen however without complete vaccination (yet). Thank you!
I am pretty sure you can just walk across the border and that there are no controls at all. I have not personally been to Portugal and seen this myself, but this is what I hear on the news here in Galicia.

I am pretty sure you can just walk across the border and that there are no controls at all. I have not personally been to Portugal and seen this myself, but this is what I hear on the news here in Galicia.
I crossed the bridge in Irun on the 21st and was asked by the french police about my PCR. It was outdated, but they let me pass.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back